ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit or the EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eva L
Newly Registered
China

EEA family permit or the EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Post by Eva L » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi,

My husband is EU citizen in UK, is my mum ( his mum in law) can apply for family permit to join with us in UK? Which types family permit we should apply ? The EU Settlement Scheme family permit or the eea family permit ? How long is that process ?
Thanks

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Re: EEA family permit or the EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Post by Leonshah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi guys,
Many congrates to all successful applicants & good luck for all those applicants who are waiting for their decision.
I am European citizen and planning to apply for my non-European wife EEA SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT.

Should I submit my job contract/pay slips with my application?

I have read over Gov.uk website that if I apply for simple " EEA FAMILY PERMIT" I have to prove that I am a " qualified person" ( exercising eu treaty rights), and if i am not exercising eu treaty rights the I am eligible to apply for " EEA SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT"

Is that correct what I understood by above written eligibility for eea settlement scheme family permit.

How long it takes for entry clearance of eea settlement scheme family permit permit?

Thank you.

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Re: EEA family permit or the EU Settlement Scheme family permit

Post by Leonshah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:06 pm

EU Settlement Scheme family permit

You can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK if all of the following apply:

you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
you’re the ‘close’ family member of an EEA or Swiss national (excluding UK nationals)
the EEA citizen you’re joining has ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme
the EEA citizen you’re joining is in the UK already or travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application
Apply for an EEA family permit instead if you’re not a close family member of the EEA or Swiss national or if they do not have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

EEA family permit
You can apply for an EEA family permit to come to the UK if both the following apply:

you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
you’re a ‘close’ or ‘extended’ family member of an EEA or Swiss national (excluding UK nationals)
Apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit instead if you’re a close family member of an EEA or Swiss national and they have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Eligibility
The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:

be in the UK already
be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application
If they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either:

be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient)
have a permanent residence document - sometimes called a ‘document certifying permanent residence’
If your family member is not a ‘qualified person’ and does not have a permanent residence document, you may be eligible for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit instead.