ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online fee waiver applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oroborpat007

Online fee waiver applications

Post by oroborpat007 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:27 pm

Please can someone help solve this issue, for everyone: Online 'visa application' dates will not be the same as the date of online 'fee waiver application' for destitute applicants which is a bit of a penalty/danger to underprivileged over-stayers since it means they could be removed whilst reporting for not having an ongoing application (but if they paid they would not have that problem).

It is even still a problem for those who are hoping for the 14 day grace period for ILRs/other applications because during the 14 days they are over-stayers. This somehow unwittingly favors the rich…

oroborpat007

Re: Online fee waiver applications

Post by oroborpat007 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:36 pm

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... fee-waiver quote; '...If you make a fee waiver request and you have no leave or your current leave has expired and then submit an application for leave to remain, the date of application will be the date you submit that application for leave to remain, not the date you submitted the fee waiver request.'

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 pm

I read that If the fee waiver is accepted then the date for leave to remain will be the date fee waiver was submitted.

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi, only the UKVI laws matter c.f what they said on their web page (above).

I have checked all posts on this board since December 2018 and no one has discussed this yet. I think we need to telephone Beckett House (UKVI) and ask them if they can remove an over-stayer with an outstanding fee waiver in progress (technically).

oroborpat007

Post by oroborpat007 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:43 pm

@Eledumare I think you are mistaking the new online system (which started December 2018) for the old paper system and the question is can one be removed?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 am

Good luck with your call to Becket House 😂😂😂

I doubt you will get an answer to a hypothetical question in the first instance.

In regards the fee waiver point, my understanding is that the system can cope with the request but it follows a circumnavigation where the caseworker has to identify the request to by-pass the fee payment. I have not dealt with fee waiver cases since the move to on line only applications.

I will see if I can get hold of someone to explain how it operates now, will let you know.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 am
Good luck with your call to Becket House 😂😂😂

I doubt you will get an answer to a hypothetical question in the first instance.

In regards the fee waiver point, my understanding is that the system can cope with the request but it follows a circumnavigation where the caseworker has to identify the request to by-pass the fee payment. I have not dealt with fee waiver cases since the move to on line only applications.

I will see if I can get hold of someone to explain how it operates now, will let you know.
Hi Frontier Mole
Do you know how long it takes to get a decision once the fee waiver request has been sent??

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 pm

It is normally subject to a lengthy process as checks are made to establish the veracity of the claim. This can include random visits to the applicants home address or an invite to interview. There was a drive a couple of years back to check all fee waiver cases as there was an abuse trend in submission of false fee waiver claims.

Once the case is accepted as fee waiver it then progresses onto the normal process for the application route that is being sought.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:50 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 pm
It is normally subject to a lengthy process as checks are made to establish the veracity of the claim. This can include random visits to the applicants home address or an invite to interview. There was a drive a couple of years back to check all fee waiver cases as there was an abuse trend in submission of false fee waiver claims.

Once the case is accepted as fee waiver it then progresses onto the normal process for the application route that is being sought.
Thanks for your response. I am currently being supported by the social services under section 17 with accommodation and money. Hopefully the checks is not too long. Really need to put my application in.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:50 am
Frontier Mole wrote:

Thanks for your response. I am currently being supported by the social services under section 17 with accommodation and money. Hopefully the checks is not too long. Really need to put my application in.
Just to clarify, have you only submitted a fee waiver request and NOT an application for leave to remain?? Not clear what you mean by 'really need to put my application in'.

My understanding is that you apply for FLR and request a fee waiver simultaneously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm

CR001 is correct - there has to be an application as well as a fee waiver request. They will not process a fee waiver without an application to match it to.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:

Just to clarify, have you only submitted a fee waiver request and NOT an application for leave to remain?? Not clear what you mean by 'really need to put my application in'.

My understanding is that you apply for FLR and request a fee waiver simultaneously.
I was advised by the charity that’s helping me with my application. To submit the fee waiver and once the waiver is approved I have 10 days to submit my application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:

I was advised by the charity that’s helping me with my application. To submit the fee waiver and once the waiver is approved I have 10 days to submit my application.
I think you might have been advised wrongly. How will HO tie a fee waiver request to an application for something which you haven't submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:59 pm

No application- no fee waiver. It is that simple, how can anything be considered when there is no application. That would be a madness as you could be applying for a fully charged visa as in a work visa. You have been advised poorly.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:30 am

Ohhh dear. On the waiver form, I clicked in the option of FLR FP parent route. Now I’m just worried I’ve done it wrong. What should I do now. Please help, as I’ve been waiting a week now. Do I call Home Office?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:44 pm

So have you actually made a ILR FP parent route application?

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:44 pm
So have you actually made a ILR FP parent route application?
No I havnt as I did the fee waiver online. And was asked under what route will I be applying. So it’s all very confusing to me now.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:59 am

Immigration applications for which a fee waiver may be requested

5-year partner and 5-year parent route (ECHR Article 8 rights)

Under the European Convention of Human Rights (ECHR) Article 8 rights, applicants for leave to remain as a partner on the 5-year route to settlement whose sponsor is in receipt of one or more of the benefits specified at paragraph E-LTRP.3.3. of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules are not required to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, they are required to demonstrate that their sponsor can maintain themselves, the applicant and any dependants adequately in the UK without recourse to public funds. Such applicants are eligible to request a fee waiver.

Applicants for leave to remain as a parent on the 5-year route to settlement are not required to meet the minimum income threshold and are required to demonstrate that they are able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately in the UK without recourse to public funds. Applicants on this route are eligible to request a fee waiver.
Applicants should complete the online application form, indicating that they are requesting a fee waiver, complete the Request for Fee Waiver form, and enclose documentary evidence of their financial circumstances and details of all public benefits that they are claiming.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 am

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 am

Thank you frontier Mole, that was the guideline I followed, I gave the home office a call and they said what I did was correct, that once the fee waiver is granted, I will be given two codes which is can use to apply for my leave to remain. As I am in receipt of help from the Local Authorities and a registered Charity I’m hoping my fee waiver is accepted.

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 am
Thank you frontier Mole, that was the guideline I followed, I gave the home office a call and they said what I did was correct, that once the fee waiver is granted, I will be given two codes which is can use to apply for my leave to remain. As I am in receipt of help from the Local Authorities and a registered Charity I’m hoping my fee waiver is accepted.

Hi can I ask what charity you used please?

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm

rankaseye wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 am

Hi can I ask what charity you used please?
I use the British Redcross.

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Alright Thanks

heatherhellyer
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by heatherhellyer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:14 pm

Does anyone know where I put the code from a fee waiver once I have completed the application? It says in the payment section of the online immigration application, but it doesn't have anything like that, just tells me to pick a card. I have the whole application completed and now i'm stuck because i have no idea where to put this code. Please help!

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi all,

Please can someone put me through on how to apply for a fee waiver. I want to renew my leave to remain under parent route but I want to apply for fee waiver. What document will I need to submit and how long does it take to get a response from home office? Is the form straight forward or do I need a solicitor? My first leave to remain I practically did it myself by paper application but I don't know if things has changed in the last two years. Please I need urgent help