ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 General ILR queries and document checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tellmewhy99
Newly Registered

T2 General ILR queries and document checklist

Post by tellmewhy99 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 am

Hello everyone,

I'm due to applying my ILR through 5 year T2 general this coming August. I have some queries I need help with and I really appreciate all the help!

1. Application Date:

- My first entry to the UK was on September 2010 in T4 and switched to T2 on 27th August 2014. Should I fill in 27th August 2014 in the application form where it mentioned the First Entry?

- My first T2 visa was granted on 27th August 2014, therefore my qualifying date should be 1st of August 2019 right?

- In the application form, it stated that to include all of the countries including the Transit-ed countries in the absence section, did anyone put all them in? I have like 20+ of them...

2. Document Checklist and employment letter:

- Should I scan all of the pages in my passport?
- Would sample letter like below sufficient for the ILR application?

Applicant name: xxxx
Passport No: xxxx
Nationality: xxxxx
SOC code: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxx

Dear Madam or Sir,
This letter is to confirm that xxxxx is employed as a xxxxx at xxxxx since 02/06/2014. Mr xxxxx ’s current salary is £xx,000 per annum. This is above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.
He is a full-time permanent employee of xxxxx and is required in the position for the foreseeable future.

Your advice is much appreciated, thanks all in advance

tellmewhy99
Newly Registered

Re: T2 General ILR queries and document checklist

Post by tellmewhy99 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:08 pm

any advice is much-appreciated guys!

sabi27
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: T2 General ILR queries and document checklist

Post by sabi27 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:15 pm

1. Yes, you need to enter the date of your first entry to the country in the category based on to which led you to ILR. So the date your T2 was granted in this scenario.

- You can apply within 28 days of when your 5 years would be completed, on or after 1st of Aug will be OK.

- You need to record all the absences from the UK giving where you have been, dates of travel and purpose of visit. I think you can add as many as you want and the system allows it.

2. You need to scan all the pages that have stamps, vignette on them including the first page of picture and details for all the passports you have possessed.

- Yes, that sample letter is sufficient as far as it is printed on letter-head of the company, signed and dated.
tellmewhy99 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 am
Hello everyone,

I'm due to applying my ILR through 5 year T2 general this coming August. I have some queries I need help with and I really appreciate all the help!

1. Application Date:

- My first entry to the UK was on September 2010 in T4 and switched to T2 on 27th August 2014. Should I fill in 27th August 2014 in the application form where it mentioned the First Entry?

- My first T2 visa was granted on 27th August 2014, therefore my qualifying date should be 1st of August 2019 right?

- In the application form, it stated that to include all of the countries including the Transit-ed countries in the absence section, did anyone put all them in? I have like 20+ of them...

2. Document Checklist and employment letter:

- Should I scan all of the pages in my passport?
- Would sample letter like below sufficient for the ILR application?

Applicant name: xxxx
Passport No: xxxx
Nationality: xxxxx
SOC code: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxx

Dear Madam or Sir,
This letter is to confirm that xxxxx is employed as a xxxxx at xxxxx since 02/06/2014. Mr xxxxx ’s current salary is £xx,000 per annum. This is above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.
He is a full-time permanent employee of xxxxx and is required in the position for the foreseeable future.

Your advice is much appreciated, thanks all in advance