ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of British spouse after getting Ilr

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farooqdr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation of British spouse after getting Ilr

Post by Farooqdr » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi readers and moderator.
I am British citizen. My wife and children just got Ilr. We are planing to apply for British citizen. I have few questions regarding apply.

Can these apply for naturalisation now?
If so how they can apply, online or paper application? Is paper application is still acceptable?
Is that the same online process as we did in ILR?
For a child can a solicitor or accountant act as reffree ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation of British spouse after getting Ilr

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Can these apply for naturalisation now?
Yes. Your wife applies for naturalisation using form AN. Your children must be registered using form MN1
If so how they can apply, online or paper application? Is paper application is still acceptable?
Online.
AN: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
MN1: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1
Is that the same online process as we did in ILR?
Similar
For a child can a solicitor or accountant act as referee ?
The application must be supported by two referees. One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25. Each referee should know the child personally and should be:

• not related to the child
• not related to the other referee
• not acting as a solicitor or agent in connection with this application
• not employed by the Home Office
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice