ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) – "When did you enter the UK?" What date do they want?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) – Bank statement date problem – what would you do?

Post by mjrmantastic » Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 pm

I am a British citizen. My American wife’s initial leave to remain in the UK as my spouse expires on 28 July. We’re hoping to apply from within the UK for an extension (FLR(M)) as early as possible in July.

We’ll be relying on my income to meet the financial requirements (which is sufficient). When applying, my most recent pay-day will be 23 June.

Unfortunately, the account that my salary is paid into issues statements on 18th of every month (5 days before my pay comes in!). These are delivered by post and can take a couple of days to arrive.

This creates a problem for including the requisite bank statements in our application. When applying we will need to ensure that the most recent bank statement we submit is issued within a month before applying showing that I have been paid within a month of applying (as well as those covering the 6 months before). We can’t wait for our July bank statement to show I was paid in June as this could feasibly arrive just over a month from when I was actually paid.

As I see it I have two options:
  • After my pay-day I can go to the bank to ask them to print out an interim statement showing transactions between 18th June and (for argument's sake) 24th June so it would show my pay had come in. I would make sure all pages are stamped and ask the bank to provide a cover letter confirming that it is a true account of our transactions. However, I don’t know whether UKVI would accept this as a true original statement.
  • This month we could open up a new joint account shortly after my pay-day, set it up for paper statements, and arrange for my salary to be paid into in in June. The June statement for this account would then be issued after I am paid and so could be used to show the most recent pay-day for our application. The risk here is that something could go wrong with setting up the new account.
What would you do in my situation? Would you suggest a third option?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) – Bank statement date problem – what would you do?

Post by seagul » Sun May 12, 2019 11:18 pm

mjrmantastic wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:03 pm

• After my pay-day I can go to the bank to ask them to print out an interim statement showing transactions between 18th June and (for argument's sake) 24th June so it would show my pay had come in. I would make sure all pages are stamped and ask the bank to provide a cover letter confirming that it is a true account of our transactions. However, I don’t know whether UKVI would accept this as a true original statement.
Thats best.
Almost all banks has the authority to issue the bank statement/statement of entries for the last 28 days which is usually sufficient to fulfill the purpose.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - Incomplete record of passport stamps

Post by mjrmantastic » Tue May 28, 2019 8:48 pm

I am a British citizen with an American wife and we're living in the UK. My wife’s initial 2.5 years leave to remain in the UK as my spouse expires on 28 July. We’re hoping to apply from within the UK for an extension (FLR(M)) as early as possible in July.

I am a little concerned about the records of my wife's movements in and out of the UK.

We know the dates of all trips she's made in and out of the country. She's not stayed outside the UK for longer than permitted by the normal FLR(M) conditions.

We have a complete record of passport stamps showing her re-entering the UK. However, four of the times she left the UK to visit home, there is only a passport stamp for her reentering the UK; on these occasions there's no record in her passport of her leaving the UK/arriving in the US.

We do have e-Boarding Passes for all of these outbound flights showing the date of departure.

Are UKVI likely to raise a concern about not having a complete record in my wife's passport of her leaving and returning to the UK in the last couple of years?

Is there anything additional we can/should submit as evidence to prove the dates of travel?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - Incomplete record of passport stamps

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 pm

No additional evidence needed. HO would have her records from the airlines.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - Items of Correspondence - Confused over period

Post by mjrmantastic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:39 pm

I am a British citizen with an American wife and we're living in the UK. My wife’s initial 2.5 years leave to remain in the UK as my spouse expires on 28 July. We’re hoping to apply from within the UK for an extension (FLR(M)) as early as possible in July.

I am confused by UKVI's wording of the requirement for items of correspondence:

"Items of correspondence addressed to Mrs X and Mr X at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years".

Should our correspondence cover the whole period since the last grant of leave to remain (2.5 years ago) or should it just cover the last 2 years?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - Items of Correspondence - Confused over period

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:42 pm

It should cover at least 2 years instead 2.5 years from the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) – UKVCAS Document Upload Questions

Post by mjrmantastic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Hopefully easy questions to answer.

We're applying for further leave to remain next week.

Got all my documents ready and have been scanning them ready for uploading.

Can anyone answer the following?

1) Can multiple docs be combined into a single pdf or is it better to keep documents separate? (I'm guessing you can have multiple pieces of evidence in each pdf file)

2) Do documents have to be scanned in colour or is grayscale acceptable?

3) Can anyone recommend a minimum advisable resolution for scans?

4) Is there a limit to the size of files that can be uploaded?

5) Is there a limit to the number of files that can be uploaded?

6) I'm thinking of including a cover sheet in each pdf clarifying what pieces of evidence are in each file (if I can include multiple documents in each file). This seems helpful to me, is there any reason I shouldn't?

Cheers in advance!

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - My Document Checklist - Advice Welcome!

Post by mjrmantastic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 pm

I am a British citizen. My American wife’s initial leave to remain in the UK as my spouse was awarded in January 2017 (she transferred from Tier 4) and it expires on 28 July 2019.

We’re going to apply from within the UK for an extension (FLR(M)) next week and we’ll book a UKCVAS appointment as soon as possible after. We'll be paying for a 24 hour decision to give us piece of mind of having some time to apply again/do something if the application is rejected for a reason that can be addressed.

We're yet to complete the online application (it’s basically all filled out we just need to do last bits and complete it on 1st July), pay Immigration Health Surcharge and to print off and sign relevant declarations.

Any advice you guys can provide on our evidence as it stands would be welcome!

Our assembled evidence currently looks like the following:

Travel Documents and Photos
- Applicant's valid passport (valid from Sep. 2013 - Sep. 2023) when scanning should we scan all pages of the passport or just the "photo page"?
- Applicants valid BRP (valid until 28 July 2019)
- 2 X passport photos of applicant

- Sponsor's valid passport (valid from Jul 2010 - Jul 2020) when scanning should we scan all pages of the passport or just the "photo page"?
- 1 X passport photo of sponsor

Proof of our relationship
- Original marriage certificate (issued in USA)

Correspondence
- Aug 2017 bank statement in applicant’s name
- Aug 2017 credit card statement in sponsor’s name
- Nov 2017 electricity bill in joint names
- Mar 2018 water bill in joint names
- Jul 2018 credit card statement in sponsor’s name
- Sep 2018 bank statement in applicant’s name
- Jan 2019 letter from HMRC to sponsor
- Feb 2019 letter from HMRC to applicant
- Mar 2019 water bill in joint names
I split the last 2 years into six 4 month blocks and made sure that each block either had one item of correspondence to us jointly or that we both had an item of correspondence to us individually in the block. Now I’m looking at it thinking that we could do with another piece of correspondence for the period between March and now. We could submit a joint bank statement we received in June. What do you think? Necessary?

Accommodation
- A letter dated June signed and stamped by our Letting Agent explaining our assured short-hold tenancy is now a periodic tenancy and confirming the cost of rent (addressed to UKVI caseworker care of the applicant)
- Our original assured short-hold tenancy (joint tenancy)
- A letter dated June 2017 confirming details of our last rent renegotiation (addressed to sponsor)
- Our March 2019 Council Tax bill (addressed to us jointly)
- Photos of our flat Necessary?

Finances
We’re working off my income alone. I’m in permanent full time employment and whilst my job role hasn’t changed since 2017 my pay went up in April due to a union negotiated pay award and I received a pay increment. I’m applying under category A and quoting my lower salary from last financial year. Others seem to do this so I’m hoping this is ok….
- A letter from my employer (FAO UKVI Caseworker) confirming details of my employment and giving both my salary now and my salary from last year.
- 6 stamped payslips for sponsor’s income (Jan-June)
- 6 bank statements, each showing the income from the payslips, addressed to us jointly

Supplementary Stuff
- We’re thinking about adding a short cover letter and appending a few photos of us from the last two years (8 photos on 4 sides of A4). Advisable?
- If you see a previous post I made, you can see that I was concerned about a lack of stamps in my wife’s passport showing her re-entering the UK from a few trips. Advice from a few forums was not to worry. I do have electronic boarding passes and tickets covering the “missing stamps”. I was thinking of including these with a note. Advisable?

That’s it!

Picard
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - My Document Checklist - Advice Welcome!

Post by Picard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:50 pm

HI
My response in line
mjrmantastic wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 pm
I am a British citizen. My American wife’s initial leave to remain in the UK as my spouse was awarded in January 2017 (she transferred from Tier 4) and it expires on 28 July 2019.

We’re going to apply from within the UK for an extension (FLR(M)) next week and we’ll book a UKCVAS appointment as soon as possible after. We'll be paying for a 24 hour decision to give us piece of mind of having some time to apply again/do something if the application is rejected for a reason that can be addressed.

We're yet to complete the online application (it’s basically all filled out we just need to do last bits and complete it on 1st July), pay Immigration Health Surcharge and to print off and sign relevant declarations.

Any advice you guys can provide on our evidence as it stands would be welcome!

Our assembled evidence currently looks like the following:

Travel Documents and Photos
- Applicant's valid passport (valid from Sep. 2013 - Sep. 2023) when scanning should we scan all pages of the passport or just the "photo page"?
I scanned all pages, reason being this gives UKVI evidence of your travel history through entry/exit stamps and Entry clearance stamp for UK if any. Remember the question in the form to the effect: Where all have you (applicant) travelled?
- Applicants valid BRP (valid until 28 July 2019)
- 2 X passport photos of applicant - Not needed. They will take a picture, during Biometrics appointment

- Sponsor's valid passport (valid from Jul 2010 - Jul 2020) when scanning should we scan all pages of the passport or just the "photo page"?
For consistency, we scanned Sponsors full passport, but I dont think its necessary. Still if you want to play safe, scan all pages.
- 1 X passport photo of sponsor - Not needed at all

Proof of our relationship
- Original marriage certificate (issued in USA)

Correspondence
- Aug 2017 bank statement in applicant’s name
- Aug 2017 credit card statement in sponsor’s name
- Nov 2017 electricity bill in joint names
- Mar 2018 water bill in joint names
- Jul 2018 credit card statement in sponsor’s name
- Sep 2018 bank statement in applicant’s name
- Jan 2019 letter from HMRC to sponsor
- Feb 2019 letter from HMRC to applicant
- Mar 2019 water bill in joint names
I split the last 2 years into six 4 month blocks and made sure that each block either had one item of correspondence to us jointly or that we both had an item of correspondence to us individually in the block. Now I’m looking at it thinking that we could do with another piece of correspondence for the period between March and now. We could submit a joint bank statement we received in June. What do you think? Necessary?
It will be advisable to get latest Joint June bank statement.

Accommodation
- A letter dated June signed and stamped by our Letting Agent explaining our assured short-hold tenancy is now a periodic tenancy and confirming the cost of rent (addressed to UKVI caseworker care of the applicant)
- Our original assured short-hold tenancy (joint tenancy) - Ensure it mentions no of rooms and who all are tenants. If not, get the landlor/ letting agency write a letter to that effect
- A letter dated June 2017 confirming details of our last rent renegotiation (addressed to sponsor)- This serves no purpose
- Our March 2019 Council Tax bill (addressed to us jointly)
- Photos of our flat Necessary? - No, not needed

Finances
We’re working off my income alone. I’m in permanent full time employment and whilst my job role hasn’t changed since 2017 my pay went up in April due to a union negotiated pay award and I received a pay increment. I’m applying under category A and quoting my lower salary from last financial year. Others seem to do this so I’m hoping this is ok….- wont you submit last 6m/12 m salaryslips (whichever is applicable to you). Its okay to show pay increment, kind of helps your application. Get a letter from HR, confirming that salary was revised on MM YY.
- A letter from my employer (FAO UKVI Caseworker) confirming details of my employment and giving both my salary now and my salary from last year.
- 6 stamped payslips for sponsor’s income (Jan-June)
- 6 bank statements, each showing the income from the payslips, addressed to us jointly

Supplementary Stuff
- We’re thinking about adding a short cover letter and appending a few photos of us from the last two years (8 photos on 4 sides of A4). Advisable? You may do that
- If you see a previous post I made, you can see that I was concerned about a lack of stamps in my wife’s passport showing her re-entering the UK from a few trips. Advice from a few forums was not to worry. I do have electronic boarding passes and tickets covering the “missing stamps”. I was thinking of including these with a note. Advisable? Yeah, better to clarify in a cover letter

That’s it!

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) – "When did you enter the UK?" What date do they want?

Post by mjrmantastic » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:04 pm

As part of the application for an extension, UKVI asks "When did you enter the UK?".

We're not 100% sure what date to put.

My wife visited the UK as a tourist in Winter 2013. We don't think it's this.

My wife entered the UK on a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa in September 2015. We think it might be this.

We met, fell in love and traveled to marry in the US in December 2016. We returned whilst her Tier 4 visa was still valid.

In January 2017 we successfully applied from within the UK for further leave to remain before her tier 4 visa expired.

Her next trip out of the UK and back was in March 2017.

The question "when did you enter the UK?" is frustratingly vague. Can anyone advise what they mean?

Nadalesque
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) – "When did you enter the UK?" What date do they want?

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Can you not put both dates? and a comment with it?

mjrmantastic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mjrmantastic » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:05 pm

Unfortunately it's an online form that only allows us to put in one date. Others seem to agree that we should put the date she arrived as a student as this is when she first started to reside in the UK.

Nadalesque
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nadalesque » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 pm

Yes I agree also, if you have any doubts that they may say anything that it was before, you could note it in additonal info at the end usually on the application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:56 am

mjrmantastic wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:05 pm
Unfortunately it's an online form that only allows us to put in one date. Others seem to agree that we should put the date she arrived as a student as this is when she first started to reside in the UK.
yes