ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Applying from UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milzy89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - Applying from UK

Post by milzy89 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:01 am

Dear Members.

I have applied for my wife's spouse visa online and the biometric of my wife was taken a week ago in India. Since we would be submitting all paperwork evidences in the UK itself, my lawyer tell me it takes around 7-10 days for the biometric file to be created first and then we will receive an email stating the biometric file has now been created and then we are ready to post the paperword evidences to the Sheffield office.

I am only checking if the above is the case and has anyone had a similar experience when applying all paperwork evidences from the UK and that your spouse has got her/his biometric from India.

Only checking as I don't understand why cant we post the paperwork evidences straight away after the biometric which was taken last Monday 24th June 2019?

Thanks to everyone who can help.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Applying from UK

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:27 am

I believe your local commercial partner is VFS so if your lawyer has your supporting documents then it is either they take it to one of the VFS Centre in UK to scan it for a fee £75 or the applicant take it to the biometrics to scan and since you have submitted your online applicant then self uploading is not an option so your best option is to take it to one of the centre in the UK or you can send it to the new scanning hub.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

milzy89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - Applying from UK

Post by milzy89 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Many thanks TodMatt for your reply.

Is scanning mandatory ? I thought we can just post the paperwork evidence directly to the Sheffield office.

I have heard cases where the scanning has not been done correctly and applications have been rejected on those basis. Hence I don't want to scan and just want to post all paperwork evidence to eliminate any confusions.

Thanks.