ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Signing a photo on the referee form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Signing a photo on the referee form

Post by Blaster87 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Hello all,

I applied for a BC as a naturalisation and just came back from the appointment with Sopra Steria. I had already uploaded all the documents before I went to my appointment so they didn't even check the original documents, all they did was to check the uploaded documents if they were good quality.

My question is that on the referee forms, it states that the referees must write the full name of the applicant and date of birth on the back of the photo then place it on the form. What the referees wrote on the back of the photo will not be seen when HO checks the documents and even sopra steria did not check/ask for any document. What is the point in signing the back of the photo if HO can't see it ?

Also, does everyone get a confirmation email after attending the appointment with Sopra Steria ?

Thanks

Anthony2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Signing a photo on the referee form

Post by Anthony2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:11 pm

The referee's do not have to sign the back of the photo. Just write your name and dob on the back and glue it onto the space. The referee's are confirming that they know you from the photo.

If it happens to come off whilst with the HO then they can see who the photo actually belongs to. That's the only reason your name and dob is on the back. It's been mentioned before on this forum.

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Thank you for the reply. The thing is I still have the referee forms with me with my photo on. They didn't take the referee forms. That's why I wanted to ask if I have still have the forms after attending the appointment then what is the point in writing the applicants full name and dob on the back of it.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Anthony2 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:11 pm
If it happens to come off whilst with the HO then they can see who the photo actually belongs to. That's the only reason your name and dob is on the back. It's been mentioned before on this forum.
You actually do not send your original documents to HO, perhaps the referee forms haven't been changed after introducing the online system.

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 am

Hello,

Sorry but I am still unclear as I still have the referee forms with me with my photo on after attending my appointment. Should I call home office or Sopra steria to tell them nobody took my referee forms. I only uploaded them my self. I really don't understand if they don't take the original referee forms from me then what's the point writing the details on the back of the photo ?i uploaded them but obviously they can't see the back of the photo.

Thanks

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:42 am

That question is best answered by HO. You can call their helpline and they would clarify things for you.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:00 am

Blaster87 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 am
Hello,

Sorry but I am still unclear as I still have the referee forms with me with my photo on after attending my appointment. Should I call home office or Sopra steria to tell them nobody took my referee forms. I only uploaded them my self. I really don't understand if they don't take the original referee forms from me then what's the point writing the details on the back of the photo ?i uploaded them but obviously they can't see the back of the photo.

Thanks
No you don't have to send anything to HO unless they tell you to. The Sopra Steria appointment was for biometrics and making sure you've uploaded all the necessary documents. You can even travel with your passport while waiting for a decision, that's why you get to keep your original documents.

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:47 am

Ok thanks for your reply. The only thing I didn't understand was the information on the back of the photo. To me it's still pointless to write the details on the back of the photo as I still have the referee forms. That's why I wanted to be sure if they did something wrong during the appointment.

Thanks for that .

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:50 am

Blaster87 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:47 am
Ok thanks for your reply. The only thing I didn't understand was the information on the back of the photo. To me it's still pointless to write the details on the back of the photo as I still have the referee forms. That's why I wanted to be sure if they did something wrong during the appointment.

Thanks for that .
My guess is these forms are not updated and they were meant for the old postal system, in case your photo gets detached from the form then HO can find out whose photo it was.

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:52 am

That makes sense..they should update it as it confuses people.

Thanks for your reply once again