ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only 1 legal name for LIUK Test - Urgent :(

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ateeqsalik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Only 1 legal name for LIUK Test - Urgent :(

Post by ateeqsalik » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi All,

My first post here, but have been following for a while.

I made a booking recently for my wife's life in the uk test. We are applying for ILR as she is on a set M and has been here 5 years.

She has only one name but I usually enter her single name twice for first and last name, her bank details and utility bills all look like this, her passport and BRP only have a single name.

Unfortunately she was not allowed to take her test last Saturday (29th June) and told she needs to submit a special request on the online booking system and ' an appointment will be made on her behalf'. It was not clear when making the booking that this had to be done , but i have since read this on the terms and conditions somewhere online.

Issue: We have all the paperwork but just waiting on the LIUK pass letter before submitting.

My questions are :

1. Has this happened to anyone before and how did you get around it? How long did it take?
2. Is it likely that they will respond and make an assisted booking before 11th July?
3. Can i submit and pay for my application before she sits her LIUK test? Or does the date of her LIUK pass letter need to be before the date of application submission(As long as she sits it before her BRP expires on 11th July of course)
4. What are my options should they not get back and she can't sit the test before 11th July (when set m visa expires)

Thanks for your help in advance

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Only 1 legal name for LIUK Test - Urgent :(

Post by Evicra » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 pm

how about you call home office 03001 232 253 and ask take advice directly from them ?