ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding the qualifications points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

w55
Newly Registered

Post by w55 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi
In the application form BIA has asked for academic reference as well as transcripts with the original degree certificate..

I have the original certificate and original transcripts which gives the academic reference.

Do i need to produce a separate letter or certificate for Academic reference?

Regards
w55

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:34 am

Which form are you refering to and which scheme?? Please provide clear details of your application so that people can provide you with answers / suggestions.
w55 wrote:In the application form BIA has asked for academic reference as well as transcripts with the original degree certificate..
Provide a link to the document / webpage which says so. Making a general statement out of the blue is not going to help.

And it will help you immensely if you read and understand the policy guidance (of the scheme that you wish to apply for) before you get on to filling the form.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

w55
Newly Registered

Post by w55 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:33 pm

HI

Applogies for the incomplete questions...

Referring to the tier 1 general switching application form:

Section 3A

Question:
H4. Please tick to confirm the documents that the applicant has sent as supporting evidence of the
qualification for which he/she is claiming points. (The applicant should refer to the Tier 1 (General)
Policy guidance to establish the circumstances in which documents other than the original certificate
of award will be accepted.)

Original certificate of award
Original academic reference from awarding body and Original academic transcript
Original academic reference alone.

Now:

I have the original certificate and original transcripts which gives the academic reference.

Do i need to produce a separate letter or certificate for Academic reference?

Regards
w55

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:01 pm

It is clear you are one of those few who believe in filling up the form before understanding the rules of the game.

Take the advice given to you ealier and also here - seriously - read the Tier 1 policy guidance and make an effort to understand what is written in there, before you get to the application form.

regards

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:14 pm

A very good reply by sushdmehta!!

If you find the guidance hard to read then follow this:

just supply your original degree certificate and your original Transcripts. As you have mentioned earlier you v got both of them, so you really dont need to supply the academic refrence.

Hope this helps!

Grant

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:21 pm

nevadawipes wrote:just supply your original degree certificate and your original Transcripts. As you have mentioned earlier you v got both of them, so you really dont need to supply the academic refrence.
No offence, but you just gave the OP (and others) a reason that it is okay to not read the guidance and rely completely on ready-made answers through this forum.

:(
regards

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:33 pm

Sushdmehta,

I appreciate your concern but I didnt wanted to come across this way. I was just trying to help OP, as sometimes you can go through the same notes number of times and still miss to understand the given information, especially when you are nervous. Didnt wanted to cause anyone any offence to you or anybody.

Regards :?

Grant

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:39 pm

Oops ... !

That was just a general statement, and not (in any way) a complaint or an emotional response on feeling offended.

No hard feelings at all.

:)
regards

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:42 pm

No Hard feelings at all. You are doing a great job sushdmehta. just wanted to clarify my point on this.

Cheers M8!

Grant :)