ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on docs for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chocoholic123
Newly Registered
Australia

Question on docs for naturalisation

Post by chocoholic123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi

Applying for naturalisation having now held permanent residence for 5 years.

Does the applicant's passport need to be submitted?

At the PR stage, we had to submit a bank statement or the like showing presence in the UK in the preceding 5 years - it's not clear whether this is also required for the citizenship application. If so, can bank/credit card statements be used again? effectively the same ones as used for PR with one more doc for the last year? Applying for my parent who is retired so no P60s/payslips etc. Also no benefits are being claimed.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question on docs for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Does the applicant's passport need to be submitted?
It is an entirely online process and documents are scanned and uploaded through UKCVA now.
At the PR stage, we had to submit a bank statement or the like showing presence in the UK in the preceding 5 years - it's not clear whether this is also required for the citizenship application. If so, can bank/credit card statements be used again? effectively the same ones as used for PR with one more doc for the last year?
You need P60s, council tax etc. Bank statements are not accepted for citizenship. You are not repeating a PR process and applying for something under UK Nationality Law.
Applying for my parent who is retired so no P60s/payslips etc. Also no benefits are being claimed.

So what does your parent have other than bank statements??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chocoholic123
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Question on docs for naturalisation

Post by chocoholic123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:08 pm

not worked here, so he has a credit card, a bank account, he may have been on some utility bills and/or home insurance document but not on the actual council tax statement. When I checked with the council they said they only needed the name of the owner/tenant, not family members.