ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which way to go:apply for SS (Surinder Singh) in the Uk or from out of the Uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

night_star
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh - issued at border?

Post by night_star » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:22 am

Hi all,
Is it possible to apply for surinder Singh eea family permit when we’re in the border at the airport for example? Would the border force provide it - if the documents will be given to them at that point? (Given all conditions for Ss route is fulfilled - I.e spouse of a Uk citizen exercising Eu treaty rights living and working in another Eu country and decided to return back to the Uk).

Thank you.

night_star
Newly Registered

Which way to go:apply for SS (Surinder Singh) in the Uk or from out of the Uk

Post by night_star » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello all,
Having read through (almost) all the topics in here and elsewhere, can anyone advise me - since the law change in March 2019 - can I apply for Surinder Singh route whilst on a visit to the Uk with my non-eea spouse ? (I have so far completed the part of residing and fulfilling all conditions of living in the Eu and getting all the necessary documents / residence card of union citizen issued by eea country). I am thinking of doing this, instead of applying from the eea country where we are currently living. Please advise if we can apply from within the Uk.

The second question is if we’ll need to apply for EEA family permit pre-settlement (6 months visa) or could we apply directly for the settled status (5 year visa) if applying from within the Uk? Please note that so far we'rejust visint the Uk and the question is if we can come to the Uk to visit and then apply for permit from the Uk to stay here.

Thank you. Please anyone share your experience if you have taken this path and if you had success.

mezien
European Union

Re: Which way to go:apply for Surinder Singh route (Surinder Singh) in the Uk or from out of the Uk

Post by mezien » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Do you have an EU Residence card? Is it a Schengen country perhaps?

night_star
Newly Registered

Re: Which way to go:apply for Surinder Singh route (Surinder Singh) in the Uk or from out of the Uk

Post by night_star » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 pm

mezien wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 pm
Do you have an EU Residence card? Is it a Schengen country perhaps?
Yes and yes!
But I now with to enter the Uk with my non eea dependent person and for that I was wondering if
1) I can apply at the border for the eea permit (Surinder Singh)
2) apply after arriving in the Uk with the non eea dependent

mezien
European Union

Post by mezien » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:27 pm

I mean does the non-EEA spouse have an EU Residence card?

What you'd get at the border is an EEA Dependent Ink Stamp ("Code 1A stamp") if you're travelling together and have the relevant documents with you to prove your marriage. The stamp is valid for one entry, and from the insde the non-EEA spouse can apply for Pre-settled Status.

Moderator edit:
Please don't load posts from a social media platform. Apart from this being against the Board Ts&Cs, you have no permission from the site or their member who contributed it.

night_star
Newly Registered

Post by night_star » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 pm

mezien wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:27 pm
I mean does the non-EEA spouse have an EU Residence card?

What you'd get at the border is an EEA Dependent Ink Stamp ("Code 1A stamp") if you're travelling together and have the relevant documents with you to prove your marriage. The stamp is valid for one entry, and from the insde the non-EEA spouse can apply for Pre-settled Status.

Moderator edit:
Please don't load posts from a social media platform. Apart from this being against the Board Ts&Cs, you have no permission from the site or their member who contributed it.
Yes Residence card is there. But do they still issue Code 1A stamp in these times for SS route as the latest changes (since March 2019) means that SS does not directly fall under the “EEA permit” for EU nationals? The SS route is more for us Brits who are EU.

Thank you.

Any recent success stories from anyone who tired this at the border?? I am so nervous about what might entail - deportation and no entry etc.