ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 points on license

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

3 points on license

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:56 am

hi all
this is a question on behalf of a friend!

hes on teir 1 entrepreneur for last 5 years and is due for
ilr next month !
question is he recently got 3 points on license from court and some fine aswell for over speeding,, 40 allowed and he was driving 48miles an hour,
can he apply for ilr with all this , a lawyer told him he wont get ilr because of this offence,
please any seniors answer this will appreciate
thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 3 points on license

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Speeding fine has no effect on his ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:32 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 pm
Speeding fine has no effect on his ILR.
even it the matter was taken to court?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:00 am

Yes. That is because being fined by the court for speeding is a criminal conviction but it does NOT lead to a criminal record. In order for a conviction to also lead to a criminal record it must be a recordable offence and speeding is not on its own. Motoring offences that qualify as recordable include dangerous driving, drink driving, drug driving, failing to provide a blood, urine or breath specimen, and failing to stop and report an accident.

ILR will only be affected by recordable offences. Speeding convictions from the court must be declared on your ILR application but will not affect your ILR. It is important to note that unlike ILR, for British citizenship and under the Good Character requirement, ALL your convictions will be considered.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:00 am
Yes. That is because being fined by the court for speeding is a criminal conviction but it does NOT lead to a criminal record. In order for a conviction to also lead to a criminal record it must be a recordable offence and speeding is not on its own. Motoring offences that qualify as recordable include dangerous driving, drink driving, drug driving, failing to provide a blood, urine or breath specimen, and failing to stop and report an accident.

ILR will only be affected by recordable offences. Speeding convictions from the court must be declared on your ILR application but will not affect your ILR. It is important to note that unlike ILR, for British citizenship and under the Good Character requirement, ALL your convictions will be considered.
Thanks for the clarification.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.