ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired language test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonsummer
Newly Registered
Germany

Expired language test

Post by londonsummer » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:27 pm

I have received information that I need to re-take the B1 language test since my Trinity College test expired. However, when I read the home office website it states that I can use an expired test

Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

I am European and have successfully applied for IRL with the Trinity test, does this not meet the requirement above? I am confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expired language test

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:31 pm

I am European and have successfully applied for IRL with the Trinity test,
English test is NOT a requirement for EU citizens applying for ILR or Settled Status. If you are an EU citizen, then it is unlikely you applied for ILR under the UK immigration rules.
does this not meet the requirement above? I am confused.
You need to take a test that is on the current HO list of tests and approved test providers.

An expired test can only be used if it was used in a previous UK Immigration application, so this does not apply to you and even if you submitted your now expired test with your PR application, it would have been disregarded completely as it was not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

londonsummer
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: Expired language test

Post by londonsummer » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks a lot for this quick reply.