ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WORK PERMIT VISA EXPIRY 30 DAYS BEFORE 5 YEARS TO ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

WORK PERMIT VISA EXPIRY 30 DAYS BEFORE 5 YEARS TO ILR

Post by vikram_razdan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:22 pm

hi there,
a friend of mine is working in u.k. on a work permit visa valid for 5 years, his visa(entry clearance) expires on 17th december 2009 while he arrived here on 15th january 2005 which going by 5 years minus 28 days rule means he will have a gap of one day between qualifying to apply for ilr and his visa expiry.
is there a way out of this ?
apart from this problem his record is absolutely clear been with a reputed company for all of this time.no big absences, all taxes paid etc.
waiting for a response.
regards,
vikram razdan

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:55 am

Apply for ILR by special delivery post on 16 or 17 December 2009 and pay by cheque.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:53 am

Vinny, is there a small risk that the caseworker will only consider the residence period up to the application date (postmark)? The IDIs are not clear on the matter.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 pm

paul/vinny

Can he not extend the WP for six months or year ? I am sure if the employer had him for five years he is still needed.

Alishah

My case

Post by Alishah » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi all.
Before ending at same situation I thought to ask for advise.

I have got 5 year work permit EC issue date 18th June 2008, expire 17th June 2013. I have not yet entere to UK, what is your advise for me to enter in UK, I am of the view to enter by 19th July 2008 just one month after date of issue.

Any advise or suggestion?

Thanks

paulp
Diamond Member

Re: My case

Post by paulp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:35 pm

Alishah wrote:Hi all.
Before ending at same situation I thought to ask for advise.

I have got 5 year work permit EC issue date 18th June 2008, expire 17th June 2013. I have not yet entere to UK, what is your advise for me to enter in UK, I am of the view to enter by 19th July 2008 just one month after date of issue.

Any advise or suggestion?

Thanks
If you enter more than 28 days after issue date of your EC, you may have the same problem. Having said that, the rules may change again in 5 years time.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:07 am

Paulp and others.

Thank you for your advise, as mentioned, rules may change in five year time.

If rules remain same, atleast the ILR 28 day one, then Vikram and my self would require extension in our WP for six to one year, and after 4 year and 11 mont 2 days we can apply for ILR and we will still be able to live ligaly before ILR approved.

This is very right; that one is on WP for five year and continue with same company,he still be needed, therefore extension will not be a problem.

Am I correct?

vikram_razdan
Newly Registered

a small problem to re apply

Post by vikram_razdan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:11 am

hi there,
i think it can be tried the way vinny mentioned, has any one succeded in that manner ?
about reaplying for a new work permit i am afraid there is very lttle cahnce for that person suceeding as he would probably not qualify on points basis, hence trying to find a sloution for it.
thanks for your advice and sugestions.
regards,
vikram razdan

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Vikram.
In your friend`s case, he has one day gape in between, where as me; if I enter in UK before 18th July, I will probably have two or three days after 4 year 11 months and 2 days to be able to file my ILR.

Vinny;
Will this be safe for me if I manage to enter before 18th ? I knew rules may change in five years time. If they dont what are the chances?

Thanks
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen