ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa granted but as Standard Partner on the letter and vignette ??

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 pm

rayree wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:18 pm
rayree wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 am
Hi,

My wife's Family Settlement/Spouse Visa has finally been granted. I must say the Visa came quick (6 weeks from appointment/Biometrics) considering it was a non priority application.

Our concern however is that the approval letter says Partner (Standard) rather than Family Settlement/Spouse Visa. It says something like this " Your application for a UK Visa has been successful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from July 19 to April 22".
Also the vignette shows Type of Visa as D - PARTNER (STANDARD) <Sponsor's Name>.

Just wondering others got their visa as above or should we be of any concern?

Following is the timeline if anyone would like to know

Application submission online - 08/05/2019
Biometrics/Document Submission at VFS New Delhi - 16/05/2019
UKVI emailed stating documents not received - 07/06/2019
Resubmitted documents at VFS London - 13/06/2019
Text/Email from VFS saying Visa has been processed - 01/07/2019
Passport delivered to home by the courier - 02/07/2019

Thank you.
Ray
Its normal spouse visa under 5 years route and the accompanying letter must be indicating that from what date the BRP can be collected from local post office.
Thanks Seagul. Also another thing I have noticed on the letter is that it does not mention Name, Date of Birth and Nationality and UKVI Ref on the approval letter. The letter is addressed to my wife as " Dear < wife's first name> ". I checked this with another friends wife's approval letter as well and these details are definitely on the letter. That said, everything looks good in the vignette on the passport. Just wondering if this would be an issue when the immigration officer checks the letter when she arrives? I reckon they would have the details in their system though?

Snippet of the letter:

UK Visas
& Immigration

Name: <empty>
Date of Birth: <empty>
Nationality: <empty>

Our Ref: <empty>
27 June 2019

You must present this letter to the Immigration Officer upon arrival in the UK.

Dear xxxx,

Your application for a UK Visa has been successful. This means that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as leave to enter) as PARTNER (STANDARD) from July 19 to April 22".

If the visa sticker on passport is displaying all information correctly then no issue.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rayree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: English Language requirement for spouse visa

Post by rayree » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:43 am

Ok great. Thank you :)

Now off to get her ticket sorted :lol: