ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status apply as a non eu family memebr of EU national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hevenly12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Settled status apply as a non eu family memebr of EU national

Post by hevenly12 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:33 am

Hi

I have been living in Uk with an eea national husnand since 2014. I granted eea2 for lst 5 years then now applying to settled status.
My husband applied in advance and got settled status in a week after applying mobile application.

Today I uploaded all of evidence(I am a professional in graphic industry so dealing with scanning all the documents or handling image files are all done by myself perfectly I believe) on the settled status application online.

The last step here seems attending for biometrics.
And I booked for free available time fortunately through UKVCAS then I found that I am supposed to upload all my documents again on UKVCAS??
I did already on gov.uk online application and expecting to attend for only dealing with passport, finger print and taking a photo there for biometric whatever.
Why should I upload again all files on UKVCAS?
Is there anyone who could explain to me?
I do not have any plan to get help from UKVCAS scanning additionally or check by them even unless I have to.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Settled status apply as a non eu family memebr of EU national

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 am

did you check properly ? it says uploading is optional . You just need your passport for Biometrics under EU settlement
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

hevenly12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hevenly12 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:37 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 am
did you check properly ? it says uploading is optional . You just need your passport for Biometrics under EU settlement
Yeah, when I log in UKVCAS the first page is appearing like below.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services
This is where you can manage your appointment and upload your supporting documents.

Manage your services (this is a button)
You can view the details of your appointment, buy additional services, or cancel your appointment.

Upload your documents (this is a button)
You must upload your supporting documents online before your appointment, and you must bring your original supporting documents with you to your appointment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUST means not OPTIONAL or? did I misunderstand?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 pm

Strange .. No one at Biometrics centre asked to see supporting documents if you have already uploaded at Home office website .. They only ask for Passport
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

HS748
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by HS748 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:33 pm

I would urge you to do so as this will speed up your application. On gov.org.uk you can only download a maximum of 10 files. With UKVCAS you can download as many files. It’s handy for covering long periods of residency. UKVCAS send these together with your biometrics to suppliment your home Office Application.
I did so and I got COA the same as my biometrics amd settled Status next day.

hevenly12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hevenly12 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:11 am

HS748 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:33 pm
I would urge you to do so as this will speed up your application. On gov.org.uk you can only download a maximum of 10 files. With UKVCAS you can download as many files. It’s handy for covering long periods of residency. UKVCAS send these together with your biometrics to suppliment your home Office Application.
I did so and I got COA the same as my biometrics amd settled Status next day.
Yeah, I was at biometrics yesterday and they did not ask anything but my passport.
Before I went there I have called to Settled Status Resolution Centre, they told me that I do not have to upload extra via UKVCAS if I already submit all my evidence and application.
May it sounds bit overthinking however I just did not want to upload my all personal documents on a third party(government worker called UKVCAS as a third party so..). Furthermore I have not logged in to read replies here yesterday to get your tip to speed up by submitting through UKVCAS, so this will take time I suppose :| .( following a guy at biometric office around 6-8weeks?)

Thanks