ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Jersey island qualify as a cooling off country for UK ICT Tier 2 Visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ameyatotade
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Does Jersey island qualify as a cooling off country for UK ICT Tier 2 Visa?

Post by ameyatotade » Fri May 31, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi Team,

I am a holder of Indian passport and am staying in UK currently on UK ICT Tier 2 visa which is expiring in mid 2020.

My employer has an office in Jersey which is a part of Channel Islands and is ready to place me there if it can be done before bringing me back on Tier 2 General.

Can you pls let me know if getting a work permit and working there for one year qualify for 1 year cooling off which is required if you are holding UK ICT Tier 2 visa?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ameya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does Jersey island qualify as a cooling off country for UK ICT Tier 2 Visa?

Post by CR001 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:57 pm

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... 88997.html
245HD(c) applies...
Requirements for leave to remain wrote:(c) An applicant who has, or was last granted leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant must:

(i) have previously had leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,

(ii) not have been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since the grant of leave referred to in (i) above; and

(iii) not be applying to work for the same Sponsor as sponsored him when he was last granted leave.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ameyatotade
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ameyatotade » Fri May 31, 2019 10:26 pm

Hello Team,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of these things.

Let me be a bit more specific if that will help you in providing me an answer:

I came to UK on ICT Tier 2 visa in July 2015 and the 5 year limit is expiring in June 2020. I will be required to serve 1 year cooling off out of UK as I am not able to meet the salary requirement of GBP 120k fixed salary to extend ICT visa by further 4 years.

My question is, can I stay and work in Jersey from July 2020 to June 2021 (one year) after my UK ICT visa expires in June 2020 i.e. will staying in Jersey qualify as serving 1 year cooling off post expiry of ICT Tier 2 visa or will I be required to go to any other country apart from UK, Jersey and Guernsey to serve my cooling off period of 1 year.

Hope I am clear in putting forth my situation.

Kind Regards,
Ameya

smb2015

Post by smb2015 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Hey Ameya,

I asked a similar question earlier, check if this helps you.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/can- ... l#p1764802