ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Students can change courses after arrival in the UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lola88
Newly Registered

Students can change courses after arrival in the UK

Post by lola88 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:45 pm

This is a Gherson link that may be helpful for some students:

http://www.gherson.com/articles/student ... xtend-stay

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm

gr8

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:29 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 am

The Court therefore concluded that:

31. In our judgment the meaning of rule 60(v) is that a student who wants an extension of stay must be able to produce evidence of satisfactory progress, whether on the course named in his application for entry clearance or on another recognised course which he or she has undertaken. A failure to sit or to pass relevant examinations will always be material to the evaluation of the student's progress, but whether it is decisive will depend on the reason for it. If the reason is not inconsistent with satisfactory progress, rule 60(v) is satisfied.
Praise The Lord!!!!

muji
- thin ice -

Student fraud

Post by muji » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm

I am aware of too may bogus colleges and bogus "students"

Too many cheats use the excuse to come and work and settle in uk, stealing uk jobs...

:roll:

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Student fraud

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 pm

muji wrote:I am aware of too may bogus colleges and bogus "students"

Too many cheats use the excuse to come and work and settle in uk, stealing uk jobs...

:roll:
There is nothing like stealing.. if they are competent enough then they are doing work...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ravon
Newly Registered

Post by ravon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Great link. i got solution of many issues regrading subject selection.
It's better to think through potential scenarios before they happen. And, pay attention to your gut instinct or intuition. In most cases, if you have a question or a lingering hesitation, it's best to check it out to avoid later pain and damage - whether to you, your reputation, the student, or the institution.

davidward2k10
Newly Registered

Post by davidward2k10 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi guys,

I'm planning to have my Master's Degree in UK. It doesn't matter what program so long as it is related to Information Technology - Management Information System. I really don't know where to start, on what institutions to choose from, or maybe some sponsorship where i can apply. Should you guys have something to suggest, please leave your comment here. Thanks.

markbeason
Newly Registered

Post by markbeason » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Yes student can change the course with the consent of the college you can change course.