ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts before submitting Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matteoformica
Newly Registered

Doubts before submitting Citizenship application

Post by matteoformica » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I have a few question on the naturalization process:

1) I filled the online application, and I am ready to pay and submit, but I have some doubts:

I would prefer not having to send my passport, so I was thinking of using the UKVCAS services offered by Sopra Group.
After payment, will I still be able to use the above services in order to avoid sending the supporting documents (passport, etc)?

Also will I still be able to apply for passport at the same time?

I am a bit confused of what will happen when I submit the application and what my options will be, as I understand I will only have 15 days to sort this out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matteo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Doubts before submitting Citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:45 pm

I would prefer not having to send my passport, so I was thinking of using the UKVCAS services offered by Sopra Group.
After payment, will I still be able to use the above services in order to avoid sending the supporting documents (passport, etc)?
You can only apply through UKCVAS Sopra now. You don't send originals anymore.
Also will I still be able to apply for passport at the same time?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

matteoformica
Newly Registered

Post by matteoformica » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks for your quick answer!

So it means after submitting the application I will need to book straight away an appointment with a UKVCAS centre and do the biometrics enrollment and document check?

For the passport I will need to wait for the application to be approved, or can I apply before at some point?

Thanks

Matteo

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:55 pm

matteoformica wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:00 pm
Thanks for your quick answer!

So it means after submitting the application I will need to book straight away an appointment with a UKVCAS centre and do the biometrics enrollment and document check? The online application once submitted will allow you to book an appointment.

For the passport I will need to wait for the application to be approved, or can I apply before at some point? Only British citizens can apply for a passport so you will have to wait until after your ceremony - only then are you British.

Thanks

Matteo
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.