ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

certifying the copies of original documents

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oengin17
Newly Registered

Post by oengin17 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi Mates,
I am planning to migrate to Australia and preparing the required documents. As to the copies, the Notary in my country stamps them in Turkish (I guess so!!) Will the processing center in AUS. accept them as true?
Any sort of help is greatly appreciated.

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Wizard of Oz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi Oengin17

I'm new to the board, and like you, I'm just beginning to learn the ropes for the requirements in Australia.

I would be interested to hear what anyone has to say about this.

What has your agent said so far, about your Turkish documents?

I am from the Philippines, and generally we have our documents in English, so it's just the few documents in Filipino that *might* need translation to English.

Good luck with your application!!

Wizard =D

imsocute
Newly Registered

hi

Post by imsocute » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 am

Hi,

its nice to know that we are from the same country, i am also from the Phils. but currently working here in the UAE. So what's the progress of your application?
I had just finished my IELTS exam here, (fingers-crossed), i am still not sure of the results, but hopefully I passed.
I will be applying thru Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)
and i am on my way in applying for a government sponsorship with NSW.
I hope to hear from you soon.
By the way here is my email imsocute192001@gmail.com

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi Imsocute

Thanks for your reply :-)

Nice to find someone from the Philippines too, here on the board :-)

Right now, my papers are still with me. I've compiled -- so far -- all the documents I need. However, because my passport is expiring this December (and I'm going to visit Australia for a trip this October) I need to renew my passport.

Plus, 3 of my kids passports are also expiring already (my other child, I just renewed hers last year, which turned out to be a good thing because as of last year all children did not need to be presented to the DFA for passport renewals...this year, kids above 7 yrs old need to be presented to the DFA, and as the schoolyear has already began, I now have to make 1 of my daughters absent from school :-( )

So now, I have to renew four passports (mine, and three kids) and then have all of our passports (all kids, mine and hubby's) certified after this. I think this might take about anywhere from 2 weeks to a month (depending on how fast we get our passports). After doing this, I will then be sending off my documents to our agent.

Good luck with your IELTS. I am sure you did well. Don't worry, I'll pray you did good and meet the required points for this.

Thanks for your email address.. I'll send you an email :-)

Wizard =D

thinker

Hi

Post by thinker » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:25 am

Hi oengin17,

I am guessing that the certification will not be accepted. The requirement is that the certified copies should state "True copy of the Original document" in English and be signed by a competent authority in your country.

Even translation is not an option here, translation is accepted only for the original documents' content and not certification.

This is purely my opinion... you have to make a call or ask an expert or simply find a notray who can certify in English!!!

Hope this helps!

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Wizard of Oz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Thinker,

Are you already in Australia? Or if still in process, how's your application going?

Wizard =D