ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS New Guidelines for Tier1 Dependant Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ra_njan

VFS New Guidelines for Tier1 Dependant Application

Post by ra_njan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:45 am

Hi,

I have requested VFS to clarify the documents required for the dependants application and they came up with list of documents. Few of those are never mentioned in the PBS Tier 1 guide.

Here is the e-mail given my vfs -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail.

The following are the suggested documents for HSMP dependant visa:
1. Sponsor letter from spouse
2. Marriage Certificate and marriage photographs
3. Birth certificates of the children (if any and if the child is also applying)
4. Copy of sponsor's passport with all UK endorsements showing the current immigration status in the UK
5. Sponsor's proof of employment ( letter from employer giving terms of employment etc)
6. Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.
7. Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months
8. Evidence of accommodation in the UK (tenancy agreement)
9. Applicant's proof of funds in India (if any) like bank statements for the last six months / any fixed deposits / property documents.
Vaf 10 form with a visa fee of Rs Rs 51000.

You may substitute the UK documents with the Indian documents.
The documents mentioned above are a guideline. You are welcome to provide other documents, which you think would benefit your visa application. Please visit our websites www.ukinindia.com or www.ukvisas.gov.uk or www.workingintheuk.gov.uk, www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk or www.vfs-uk-in.com for more details.

Yours truly,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the list of documents, Points 1,2,3,4 is OK as per guidelines. But I am going to counter them on the points 5-9, because those are either not the same in the guide or not at all present in the rulebook.

My intention is to remove the confusion on this topic. I would request other members, please ask VFS why they want documents which are not in the rulebook.

I will post the outcome in this thread.

Seniors Members : Request your comments please.
ra_njan
---------------
Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Application Date - 6th June 2008 from VFS Hyderabad
Fees taken - 6th June
Ref No. Allocated - 6th June
Status - Approved on 1st July
Documents Received - 3rd July

GKdada
Newly Registered

Depedents

Post by GKdada » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:18 am

Hi,

Also mailed to VFS mumbai for the same.Waiting for reply but one thing I noticed when I visited to VFS office ,they also in utter confusion and asked to call HOme office or VFS toll number for details.
So I will update you as soon as I recieve any information mean while lets be updated.

Regards
GKdada

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:34 am

Hi Friends,

I missed out that, the previous post of mine is of the reply I got from BHC.
I have sent a similar mail to VFS and here is their reply -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR A Tier-1 General DEPENDANT

• Passport (valid for at least 6 months with available ‘visa’ pages)
• VAF-10 with 2 recent coloured photographs, (45 x 35) mm against a white background with dark coloured clothes (Polaroid’s & matt -finish photos are not accepted).
• VISA FEES-Rs 51000/-
• Evidence of relationship to the family member in the UK eg.marriage or birth certificate (original)
• Passport photocopy & immigration status(valid visa page) of the person in the UK
• Evidence of arrangements for accommodation in the UK
• Evidence of the applicant’s ability to meet the cost while in the UK such as the applicant is required to provide 15 months bank statements in which the last 3 months should reflect 1600 GBP..

********* NB: THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST *********
AN ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER MAY REQUIRE FURTHER DOCUMENTATION
IF HE OR SHE DEEMS IT NECESSARY, BEFORE THEY CAN MAKE A
DECISION ON AN APPLICATION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the diffence in the documents guidelines - BHC is saying 6 months maintenance fund in UK bank, where as VFS saying only 3 Months is OK and job offer or payslips are no where mentioned.

Anyways, I have sent a counter mail clarifying why they require 6 MOnths maintenance, JOb proof or accomodation proof etc. and if I dont submit that what will happen to my application. Let see what they replies.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 am

Anyways, I have sent a counter mail clarifying why they require 6 MOnths maintenance, JOb proof or accomodation proof etc. and if I dont submit that what will happen to my application. Let see what they replies.
Let me guess the reply for you:
Expected reply wrote: Although only 3 months statements are required, you are advised to submit 6 months statement so that ECO is able to understand the financial status of the applicant.

Extra documents are not mandatory, but are advisable to submit with the application, as they help in convincing the ECO that applicant is able to support himself in UK, has a proper accommodation when he lands in the UK, etc.

It is incumbent upon any applicant to ensure that he/she is applying under the correct category and that they have attached all the information that an Entry Clearance Officer needs in order to correctly assess an application.
So believe me, you won't get a clear cut reply from BHC/VFS, and they won't discourage you from submitting extra documents. (In fact they will do the opposite: give a message that more the (proper) documents, more your chances of success).
Your best bet is to submit all possible documents.

junior

Post by junior » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:10 am

Hi,

Do you have any further update in this regard? kindly do share with us, please?

Thanks.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 am

I got a reply from BHC, but that does not clarifies anything about 3 months or 6 months case. For job details, they said Indian job details will be OK - :P

Here is their reply...
-----------------------------------
As mentioned in my previous mail, you could substitute the UK documents with the Indian documents.
Please enclose a covering letter and enclose local bank documents and previous employment in India.

You must provide evidence of £1600 over the same period; however we will accept accounts in the name of the dependant and spouse (joint names), the dependant only, or the spouse only, to establish the £1600, providing the £1600 is in addition to funds already shown for the main applicant, in a joint visa application.

You will be required to show proof of accommodation as the Entry Clearance Officer needs to assured that you will have accommodation when you reach the UK even if it means hotel booking.

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Post by gautamdheeraj » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:12 am

Hi,

Can you tell me the BHC mail id. I also have some queries of my own.

Thanks

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am

gautamdheeraj wrote:Hi,

Can you tell me the BHC mail id. I also have some queries of my own.

Thanks
visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk,
Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk,
bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk

Chennai BHC gives fastest reply (within almost 1 day) for all Tier 1 queries.
Delhi BHC gives reply only occasionally.
Mumbai BHC never replies to any query related to Tier 1.
(Above are my experiences).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: VFS New Guidelines for Tier1 Dependant Application

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:55 pm

ra_njan wrote:5. Sponsor's proof of employment ( letter from employer giving terms of employment etc)
6. Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.
7. Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months
8. Evidence of accommodation in the UK (tenancy agreement)
Definitely required when the main applicant is already present (resident) in UK and sponsoring a dependent application. Read Entry Clearance guidance - Chapter 9

Accommodation proof was a mandatory requirement for EC in the old HSMP days, and it seems BHC has re-introduced this requirement again. Reading this will help.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

suhas
Newly Registered

Post by suhas » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Please let me know what if we apply Tier1 and Dependant together from India.

Do we need to show all these

1. Sponsor's proof of employment ( letter from employer giving terms of employment etc)
2. Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.
3. Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months
4. Evidence of accommodation in the UK (tenancy agreement)
Definitely required when the main applicant is already present (resident) in UK and sponsoring a dependent application. Read Entry Clearance guidance - Chapter 9

Regards