ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB EU FAM as a re entry Visa to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BaboiDamo
Greece

GNIB EU FAM as a re entry Visa to Ireland

Post by BaboiDamo » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend is a Filipino national, she holds a stamp 4 eu fam since 2015. The GNIB card is expiring in November this year, we will renew it before hand as the 5 years granted will end in July 2020 ( her passport was expiring in Nov 2019 so they stamped it until Nov 2019)

My question is: is there a limitation to the re entry in Ireland using a gnib card that is expiring?
I mean, she can re enter the country after a trip abroad until the expiration or is there a limit?

I am asking because a month ago we were re entering in Ireland after a trip to Spain and the immigration officer shouted at us the card must be renewed 3 months in advance.

I am wondering if we can go for a trip in September. :) ( we usually have no issues with travelling together around Europe)

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Her first stamp 4 was granted in April 2020 and the new IRP card will be issued until July 2020. In April 2020 she will start the application for Irish citizenship which will take 6 months, should we apply for an extension for the three months that will remain uncovered or it wouldn t matter as she will have an Irish passport presumably in October?

Thank you all in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Re: GNIB EU FAM as a re entry Visa to Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:42 pm

She may return to her local Immigration officer to get the reminder of her stamp 4, upon her return. The current card allows her to travel for as much as she desires, during the currency of the visa.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors