ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculating 6 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Finance query: same amount continuously?

Post by alpaca2019 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:19 am

Hi All,

I would be grateful if someone is available to confirm the following for me.

I am using my salary to support the application for my husbands first visa extension. I have been with the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the application and am salaried and earn above the required amount of £18,600.

My question relates to whether I can claim that I earn the same amount continuously (and therefore submit 6 months worth of payslips and bank statements etc.) as:
  • My net pay is sometimes a different amount each month as travel expenses are paid via this route
  • I received an increment in my June wages which meant that I had a salary increase
Any clarification will be greatly appreciated. I used a solicitor for the previous visa so am really nervous about doing this without one this time.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Finance query: same amount continuously?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:23 am

HO is only interested in your salary before deductions, not your net pay.

Note only your gross salary, excluding expenses, is counted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Finance query: same amount continuously?

Post by alpaca2019 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:42 am

Thank you for your reply.

So even though my gross salary increased in June can I still claim that I earn the same amount continuously?

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Calculating 6 months

Post by alpaca2019 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:40 am

Hi All,

I will apologise now for the really stupid question but I can't think straight at the min.

I will be submitting the visa application over the next few weeks for my husbands first extension of his visa. The last payslip I will use shows a pay date of the 26th June and a pay period end date of June 30th (so basically I get paid each month).

I am planning to submit 6 months of payslips for the following months:

Jan 19
Feb 19
Mar 19
Apr 19
May 19
Jun 19

Will the HO use the 26th pay date or period end date for the 28 day rule? Also, if they use the 26th June date does that mean that I also need to submit my Dec 18 payslip to cover 6 months (e.g. 26th Dec - 26th June)?

Thanks so much, I am not normally this confused (honestly :? ) x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Calculating 6 months

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:43 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alpaca2019 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 am

Sorry and thank you :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:30 pm

alpaca2019 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:40 am
Hi All,

I will apologise now for the really stupid question but I can't think straight at the min.

I will be submitting the visa application over the next few weeks for my husbands first extension of his visa. The last payslip I will use shows a pay date of the 26th June and a pay period end date of June 30th (so basically I get paid each month).

Jan 19
Feb 19
Mar 19
Apr 19
May 19
Jun 19

Will the HO use the 26th pay date or period end date for the 28 day rule? Also, if they use the 26th June date does that mean that I also need to submit my Dec 18 payslip to cover 6 months (e.g. 26th Dec - 26th June)?

So you get paid for your 4/5 days work in advance each month. Since your pay date is really confusing where you get paid for few days of work in advance so better to attach at least 1 extra pay slip (if your wages doesn't fall). On online application form there seems a glitch where category A none-salaried person gets treated like a person on category B by asking 12 months of documents. In my opinion the answer should be replied yes that you are earning same amount and supply 6 months of payslips & bank statements and then either covering letter or in additional info section shows that calculation under category A.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alpaca2019 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:30 pm
alpaca2019 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:40 am
Hi All,

Jan 19
Feb 19
Mar 19
Apr 19
May 19
Jun 19

So you get paid for your 4/5 days work in advance each month. Since your pay date is really confusing where you get paid for few days of work in advance so better to attach at least 1 extra pay slip (if your wages doesn't fall). On online application form there seems a glitch where category A none-salaried person gets treated like a person on category B by asking 12 months of documents. In my opinion the answer should be replied yes that you are earning same amount and supply 6 months of payslips & bank statements and then either covering letter or in additional info section shows that calculation under category A.
Yes that is correct. I am on a salary and we are paid on the 26th of every month and it covers the whole of the month (I am employed by the NHS and this is standard practice for them). I had an increment on my June payslip so my gross salary increased - is this classed as:

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
or
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

I think it is option 1 (The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount) but just wanted to be sure.

This process turns the most sensible people into a nervous wreck :|

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:02 pm

It should be option 1 where you have to provide 6 months of payslips and bank statements under category A. All remaining 3 options ask for 12 months of payslips and bank statements. Still if you wishes then can add 12 months of payslips and bank statements if your salary has not been fallen. But if you attach 6 months of payslips and bank statements then add a covering letter explaining it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alpaca2019 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Thank you seagul....I really appreciate the help you all provide on this forum :D

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Am I selecting the correct option?

Post by alpaca2019 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi All,

I think I am just about ready to submit the form but just wanted to check that I have selected the correct options for questions listed below. We are applying for the first 2.5 extension for a spouse visa.

The answers I have given are shown in bold.

What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK? Family

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? Yes

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

Thanks everyone.

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Another on line form question!!! HELP!!

Post by alpaca2019 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:44 am

Should I select family or settlement as the visa type if my husband is here on a spouse visa and I am British? I have looked on his BRP and his original entry letter and can't see anything!

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Another on line form question!!! HELP!!

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:22 pm

alpaca2019 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:44 am
Should I select family or settlement as the visa type if my husband is here on a spouse visa and I am British? I have looked on his BRP and his original entry letter and can't see anything!

Thank you
spouse visa is a settlmenent visa. In my view you should select settlement because family includes other types of visas too.