ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross or Net? reply on priority

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashgok

Gross or Net? reply on priority

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:08 pm

I am on a WP, my gross salary in india is Rs 6.5 lc per annum but the net salary monthly is quite less.

which salary should i convert? the gross or the net salary for the required earnings UK band?

ash

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 pm

If you are in such a hurry, why not pay a consultant to file your Tier 1 application. :?

Take the advice given to you by others already - read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* - before you decide to post your questions which are a sureshot giveaway that you don't bother to make an effort on your own.

And search the forum for information already available, before posting naive questions.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 pm

relax, i am at work, i needed this information, this was a very rude reply, if u arent intrested in reply then dont waste your time replying which you dont want to, is that clear?

Its bad to be rude.

maybe you could just paste me the link to refer to directly n not give such rude replies? incase u r the moderator, u need to improve on this...got it?

bye
ash...

PS : please do not reply to posts if r not interested in replying...and if u wanna help u can paste the link.
sushdmehta wrote:If you are in such a hurry, why not pay a consultant to file your Tier 1 application. :?

Take the advice given to you by others already - read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* - before you decide to post your questions which are a sureshot giveaway that you don't bother to make an effort on your own.

And search the forum for information already available, before posting naive questions.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:36 pm

There is a reasonable expectation from users of this board to read through the freely available policy guidance and iother information published by official sources. So there is nothing wrong in expecting the same from you.

No offence buddy, but that you are sitting in office is a lame excuse to give. If you can access public forums sitting at work, why can't you read the guidance notes as well?

Moreover, the necessary weblink has already been provided to you, not just once but twice, but you haven't bothered to read the guidance or check the UKBA website. See here and here too.

Self-righteous attitude doesn't always help. Up to you my friend, people can only suggest to you to do the *right thing*, but maybe you find that rude.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:39 pm

Ash,

First of all i would like to say "we are here to help each other and share the knowledge and experience" nobody is attacking each other. I can understand sushdmehta as you question is very basic and naive. anybody who is applying for tier-1 knows that you always use your gross salary for previous earnings section of the tier-1 application. You should take the criticism in a positive manner and dont let your ego take control over your actions otherwise you wouldnt get any help!

Hope this helps

Regards

Grant! :)

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:40 pm

First thing is to avoid that word "friend" with me.

With your replies, I am new to this forum and is that how you welcome users?

The basic thing I am trying to explain is that maybe you could have replied in a more lenient manner, right?

You are accusing a newcomer for no rhyme or reason. So please cut the crap and dont reply to my queries.

Ash

PS : Replying to every query is not compulsory but to lead the member in the right direction. People will be grateful for the help that is offered

sushdmehta wrote:There is a reasonable expectation from users of this board to read through the freely available policy guidance and iother information published by official sources. So there is nothing wrong in expecting the same from you.

No offence buddy, but that you are sitting in office is a lame excuse to give. If you can access public forums sitting at work, why can't you read the guidance notes as well?

Moreover, the necessary weblink has already been provided to you, not just once but twice, but you haven't bothered to read the guidance or check the UKBA website. See here and here too.

Self-righteous attitude doesn't always help. Up to you my friend, people can only suggest to you to do the *right thing*, but maybe you find that rude.

regards

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:46 pm

You gave me the answer in a simple manner "gross salary" and thats all I wanted to hear. I have no grudges against you. Only I expected was a simple reply. I started the question and "sushdmehta" took it in the wrong direction. All i expected was not to reply if you find the qt to be lame.

Nobody criticized me neither I have an ego. Thats mistaken. I was only shaken by the reply.

But anyway thanks a lot nevadawipes. I got my expected reply.

Regards,
Ash

nevadawipes wrote:Ash,

First of all i would like to say "we are here to help each other and share the knowledge and experience" nobody is attacking each other. I can understand sushdmehta as you question is very basic and naive. anybody who is applying for tier-1 knows that you always use your gross salary for previous earnings section of the tier-1 application. You should take the criticism in a positive manner and dont let your ego take control over your actions otherwise you wouldnt get any help!

Hope this helps

Regards

Grant! :)

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 pm

ashgok wrote:First thing is to avoid that word "friend" with me.

The basic thing I am trying to explain is that maybe you could have replied in a more lenient manner, right?

You are accusing a newcomer for no rhyme or reason. So please cut the crap and dont reply to my queries.

Ash

PS : Replying to every query is not compulsory but to lead the member in the right direction. People will be grateful for the help that is offered

sushdmehta wrote:There is a reasonable expectation from users of this board to read through the freely available policy guidance and iother information published by official sources. So there is nothing wrong in expecting the same from you.

regards

That is not a very good behaviour, i must say. You have no right to talk to people whom you are asking for help in this manner. May be you want to calm your anger down a little bit and then come back for answers to your questions.

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:51 pm

The thing is the way he referred to the "word" friend was like accusation. it didnt mean as "friend".

I am not angry nor I have an ego problem. its simple, if you dont find any qt pleasing then do not answer. Its that simple. Also I dont have anything against you.

Anyways thanks,

Take care.

Ash
nevadawipes wrote:
ashgok wrote:First thing is to avoid that word "friend" with me.

Ash

regards

That is not a very good behaviour, i must say. You have no right to talk to people whom you are asking for help in this manner. May be you want to calm your anger down a little bit and then come back for answers to your questions.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:19 pm

cheers

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Cool it folks! Let's keep this Board friendly! Otherwise this topic will get locked.
John

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:15 am

Ash, this forum receives many, many questions. You will be treated harshly if, as you have done, you:

1. Post a new question when the answer is both already answered elsewhere in the forum and clearly and simply answered in the publicly available guidance notes; and

2. Request an urgent answer to your unneccessary question.

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:19 am

why r u wasting time behind answering this post. This was in the past. I dont know why r other guys getting involved in this and making a fuss about small things to show their genuinity. Please ignore this post n move ahead. This issue has been sorted out.

Good Luck.
Ash

PS:This issue has been already sorted out. So take a chill pill. Cheers!
niw2 wrote:Ash, this forum receives many, many questions. You will be treated harshly if, as you have done, you:

1. Post a new question when the answer is both already answered elsewhere in the forum and clearly and simply answered in the publicly available guidance notes; and

2. Request an urgent answer to your unneccessary question.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:22 am

Topic closed !
John