ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undocumented son

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnnah
Ireland

Undocumented son

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:23 am

Hi, I have a question.i don't know how to start a new topic I forgot how to. I recently got my stamp 4 for a year based on my Irish born child. My problem is that I have another child(my eldest) who was born here is undocumented and he is living with me. Is there anyway I can get him a stamp 4? I will greatly appreciate it if you can answer my question. Thanks very much.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Undocumented son

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:26 am

What is the child's age?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi Obie, he is 11 now and was born Dec of 2007.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 pm

As he is a minor, stamp 4-will be tough but he will be at least entitled to stamp 3. An application needs to be made to the minister for consideration of his position. You ought to have added him to your Zambrano application. I am confident he will be granted something, as he falls within the ambit of Zambrano, on the back of your claim.

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:29 pm

Johnnah wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:23 am
Hi, I have a question.i don't know how to start a new topic I forgot how to. I recently got my stamp 4 for a year based on my Irish born child. My problem is that I have another child(my eldest) who was born here is undocumented and he is living with me. Is there anyway I can get him a stamp 4? I will greatly appreciate it if you can answer my question. Thanks very much.
Child status is same as parents if minor. You should get his passport and get re entry visa on his passport as he is minor he doesn't need to register with GNIB.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:34 pm

An application need to be formally made for the child. The status are not the same, as the minister does not tend to issue stamp 4 to children, unless it is EU fam.
I agree however that length of residence permission is the same.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:34 pm
An application need to be formally made for the child. The status are not the same, as the minister does not tend to issue stamp 4 to children, unless it is EU fam.
Thank you so much Obie. I don't know how to do this and where do I start. Where will I address my letter. Money is scarce at the moment and the lawyer seems to be very expensive.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:14 pm

dubnew wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:29 pm
Johnnah wrote:
Child status is same as parents if minor. You should get his passport and get re entry visa on his passport as he is minor he doesn't need to register with GNIB.
Hi dubnew, how will I do this and how will I register him?

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Johnnah wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:14 pm
dubnew wrote:
Johnnah wrote:
My son was born here in Ireland and he never left the country so I don't understand how will I get him a re-entry visa. He don't have a passport at the moment.

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Johnnah wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 pm
Johnnah wrote:
dubnew wrote:
Johnnah wrote:
My son was born here in Ireland and he never left the country so I don't understand how will I get him a re-entry visa. He don't have a passport at the moment.
Does your first child eligible for your country of origin citizenship ?

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:59 pm

dubnew wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 pm
Johnnah wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 pm
Johnnah wrote:
dubnew wrote:

Does your first child eligible for your country of origin citizenship ?
Yes he is because I'm from Philippines. I think I can apply for late registration. He has an Irish birth cert.

dubnew
Ireland

Post by dubnew » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Please follow the link once you get your son passport.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ap ... r-under-16

Second, you should apply Irish citizenship on behalf of your son on Form 10 under Irish association as soon as possible. There are chances that you first son will get Irish citizenship.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:28 pm

dubnew wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Second, you should apply Irish citizenship on behalf of your son on Form 10 under Irish association as soon as possible. There are chances that you first son will get Irish citizenship.
The child cannot get a reentry visa until the minister has granted him right to stay in the state in line with parents.

Irish association is an option, but it is entirely discretionary, perhaps mother could wait until she is ready to naturlise.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:16 pm

dubnew wrote:

thank you so much for this dubnew. The weight I'm carrying in my heart has lighten up a bit. Because there is no way I'm going home without my child. My mother never seen him in person for 11 years and I have never seen her for more than 12 years. Please can you send me a link for the Irish association. Greatly appreciate your time and effort...

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi Obie, how will apply to the minister ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Written representations will have to be sent to them about the situation of the 11years old, as there is no fixed form for that purpose.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 pm
Written representations will have to be sent to them about the situation of the 11years old, as there is no fixed form for that purpose.
Sorry for asking this again I will address it to the minister of justice is it? Is there a risk to my status if I will try to apply for a re-entry visa for my child?

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Johnnah wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:34 pm
Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 pm
Sorry for asking this again I will address it to the minister of justice is it? Is there a risk to my status if I will try to apply for a re-entry visa for my child?

And thank you Obie for helping me out. I'm just lost at the moment. Though I'm grateful for having a stamp 4 I'm still weary about the future of my children especially my eldest one.i don't know how to start to make a letter to the minister.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:55 am

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:28 pm
dubnew wrote:

The child cannot get a reentry visa until the minister has granted him right to stay in the state in line with parents.

Irish association is an option, but it is entirely discretionary, perhaps mother could wait until she is ready to naturlise.
Dubnew what is Irish association? Is there any website that I'm able to check to?

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:12 am

You'll want to go here and look at form 10 - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... w-to-apply - I do understand money is tight but a good solicitor's advice is worth an awful lot.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:12 am
You'll want to go here and look at form 10 - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... w-to-apply - I do understand money is tight but a good solicitor's advice is worth an awful lot.
Hi Fuzzbizz,
Can you recommend a good immigration lawyer. I went to a lawyer before for zambrano judgement and he doesn't know anything at all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Johnnah wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 pm
fuzzbizz wrote:
Hi Fuzzbizz,
Can you recommend a good immigration lawyer. I went to a lawyer before for zambrano judgement and he doesn't know anything at all
Members are not permitted to post names or details of immigration advisors or lawyers on the forum. Any such info will be removed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 pm
Johnnah wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 pm
fuzzbizz wrote:
Hi Fuzzbizz,
Members are not permitted to post names or details of immigration advisors or lawyers on the forum. Any such info will be removed.
It's kind of hard to find an immigration lawyer nearby Roscommon.

Johnnah
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 pm
As he is a minor, stamp 4-will be tough but he will be at least entitled to stamp 3. An application needs to be made to the minister for consideration of his position. You ought to have added him to your Zambrano application. I am confident he will be granted something, as he falls within the ambit of Zambrano, on the back of your claim.
Hi again Obie, do you know where will I should apply for this? I mean to send the application?

eva_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by eva_ » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Johnnah, just want to let you know there is a free legal advice near you please see this link https://www.flac.ie/help/centres/roscommon/ they may able to help you you can try and see.