ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Switch : Tier-2 Dependent to Tier-2 General & Vise versa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

VISA Switch : Tier-2 Dependent to Tier-2 General & Vise versa

Post by Malapatiajay » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi, My Tier-2 General sponsorship ended abruptly. I have not received any letter to leave the UK.. waiting. Luckily my wife got sponsorship. I have the following queries.
1. Can I apply for dependent VISA within the UK, once she is successful in Tier-2 General VISA from India?
2. What happens to my kid's visas. Do they get cancelled?
3. Do we must need all to apply again including NHS fee.
4. My wife employer is suspecting success factor of this VISA based on the job as this does not come under the shortage occupation.
5. My worry is I have been waiting for a letter and looking for other sponsorship jobs. If wife visa gets rejects in India all our plans will collapse.
6. Do I need RMLT for getting Tie-2 general new sponsorship?
7. Did someone face this situation? please suggest me step by step.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VISA Switch : Tier-2 Dependent to Tier-2 General & Vise versa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 pm

1. Yes,provided you still have a valid visa.

2. They have to apply with you for dependent visas based on your wife's tier 2.

3. Yes.

4. Shortage occupations generally have higher chance if success because rlmt is not required. What is the SOC??

5. Curtailment letters take a while to get sent out.

6. Yes if you change sponsors and are non shortage occupation.

Many posts on the forum if you scroll through the topics. Your situation is not unique.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

Post by Malapatiajay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
1. Do I need theNaric comparability certificate along with Naric English language test? I did my Masters in India and applied for the Naric English language test.
2. Sponsorer said they want to apply for the 28 days VISA. How many types of SOC's exists.
3. We have been staying in the UK for 4.9 years. What will happen to these years (with respect to 10 years ILR eligibility route) if I get a new Tier-2 VISA now?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 am

1. Do I need theNaric comparability certificate along with Naric English language test? I did my Masters in India and applied for the Naric English language test.

You need both. Clearly stated on HOs website. It is an 'AND' not an 'OR' for the ELA and Comparable.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/knowledge-of-english
Knowledge of English
You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
2. Sponsorer said they want to apply for the 28 days VISA. How many types of SOC's exists.

What do you mean by '28 days visa'. An initial visa is granted for the length of the CoS, ie. 2 or 3 years or 5 years etc. The SOC is your JOB CODE, i.e. SOC = Standard Occupation Code. RLMT must be done for 28 days, this is before a CoS can apply applied for. Is your employer an approved HO sponsor on the current list of sponsors??
3. We have been staying in the UK for 4.9 years. What will happen to these years (with respect to 10 years ILR eligibility route) if I get a new Tier-2 VISA now?
All visas count for long residence ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

Post by Malapatiajay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks a lot for the very very quick reply.

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

Post by Malapatiajay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:06 pm

"having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD"

Does it mean that the Engish medium language must be done in the Bachelor level degree or above? That's is why I thought the comparison certificate may not be required. Please help me.

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

Post by Malapatiajay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm

When I applied for my Tier-4 VISA I did not take the comparability Naric certificate. So that is the reason I am asking again sorry.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:13 pm

If you held a Tier 4 previously, do you have a UK degree at any level?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

Post by Malapatiajay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Sorry, It was for my husband, I don't have any UK degree only Indian masters degree. when he applied for Tier-4 VISA he had masters and he took only one English language test certificate and it got accepted

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Tier 4 and Tier 2 are different rules. What might work for one, does not necessary work for the other.

Members have been refused Tier 2 for failing to meet the English requirement with a foreign degree. Your choice if you choose to take the risk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Malapatiajay
Newly Registered

Post by Malapatiajay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:49 pm

Yes, that's true. I have also applied for the comparative degree. Thanks a lot for timely advice