ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

shengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

copper
Newly Registered

shengen visa

Post by copper » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi All,

I applied for a schengen visa for 3 months in Polish consulate and my visa was granted for 6 months.I should say all procedure were so easy.I received my documents back in 5 days.

Meantime I have a residence card and my wife is polish,may thst why my visa issued very easly.

Now I wonder IF i go to Germany or any other eu countries first instead of poland, what might happen? can they stop me?

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: shengen visa

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:59 pm

copper wrote:Hi All,

I applied for a schengen visa for 3 months in Polish consulate and my visa was granted for 6 months.I should say all procedure were so easy.I received my documents back in 5 days.

Meantime I have a residence card and my wife is polish,may thst why my visa issued very easly.

Now I wonder IF i go to Germany or any other eu countries first instead of poland, what might happen? can they stop me?
A Schengen visa is valid for the whole Schengen area. Point of entry doesn't matter but Schengen rules say that you should apply to the country you stay most time in or if you don't know, to the first country.

If you will stay most of your time in Poland there is nothing to worry about.

EDIT:
Sorry forgot. Some countries don't like it when you bother their embassies without actually going to their country. Better have some proof available next time you apply for a visa at the Polish embassy again.

EDIT #2:
Re-reading an older thread I see that your questions have actually been answered already. So what is still unclear ?