ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you proved paternity with accredited half-siblingship DNA test?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Krotoa
Newly Registered
South Africa

Have you proved paternity with accredited half-siblingship DNA test?

Post by Krotoa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:09 am

Hi everyone!

I'm in a minor state of panic and am hoping you can help calm me down.

About to start my UKF application, but my father is an a$$hole and is refusing to provide a DNA sample.

My parents never married, my father is not on my birth certificate. A paternity test carried out in 1990 forced him to legally acknowledged me. He paid court ordered maintenance until I turned 18. However, the clerk of the court here in South Africa is unable to find the case file :evil:

He is on my UK-born sister's birth certificate (I have ordered a copy of this from GRO). I have contacted a DNA testing company on the accredited list on gov.uk. They indicate that a legal half-siblingship DNA test will be accepted by the Home Office as proof of paternity (£375 + £70 for doctor). They claim that the half-siblingship DNA test has been successfully used to confirm paternity to the satisfaction of the Home Office in other instances.

Please could one of you weigh in here? Have you used a half-sibling test? Or other DNA tests carried out on the father's close relatives? What was your experience?

I would appreciate any advice or guidance enormously!

Thanks.