ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Visa after 2.5 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Extension of Visa after 2.5 years

Post by 01484 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:06 am

im not sure if im posting in the right area or if people have asked this before (sorry).
My wifes visa was granted last year and she came into the uk in april 2018.
Now planning ahead I was wondering what I have to prepare document wise so I don't have any problems when I come to re-apply for her visa next year.
My brother in law applied for his extension yesterday and I was informed I would need letters in my name i.e. bills etc
Im living with my brother who pays for the bills etc himself
just thinking about it i dont have any letters in my name for bills or anything i do have bank statements coming to the address etc
do i need bills to be in my name or if my brother writes a letter saying i was staying with him and i did not need to pay bills (like a covering letter) will that suffice.
Just thought of it now its been over a year :(
so paperwork wise i am aware i need:
bank statements
marriage certificates
wage slips (approved)

my financial situation is the same as before the application i.e. same job etc so i dont need to worry about that, just worried about the bills?

Thank you for your help and time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extension of Visa after 2.5 years

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 am

You need letters for 2 years proving cohabitation in BOTH your name and your spouse name, from at least 3-6 different sources, spread evenly over the 2 year period preceding date of extension application.

Page 63 and 64 of the archived FLR(M) paper form gives examples of what HO expect to see.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post by 01484 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 am

Perfect! thank you for your reply CR001.
So would it be ok if my brother signs a covering letter to state I was not responsible to pay for any bills etc?
Then I can just send if other letters such as DVLA, appointments, HMRC etc

Thank you for your help and time :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:14 pm

You don't need a letter stating you are not responsible for bills. Paying utilities is not mandatory for a visa.

You need a letter stating you live there etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:14 pm

There are plenty other documents other than utility bills which can be used as proof of cohabitation such as voter registration letter, car insurance letter, penalty notification, hmrc notification, tesco club card letter, hospital appointment, bank statements, P60/p45 (don't use it for financial requirement), mobile bill, new SIM order letter and any thing with your name & address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.