ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child of a British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ingbie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Child of a British Citizen

Post by ingbie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:41 am

My child currently 12 was born before I became a CTZ. My child is currently outside UK with his mother.
His mother (my wife) has applied and got a visa as spouse dependent an year back.

What category does my child apply for visa to join me ? Please can someone help with the right appliaction form ?

My wife has spouse dependent visa written as 5yr route.

secret.simon

Re: Child of a British Citizen

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:49 am

The child should have been included on the mother's visa application. Even now, it is the same application.

The status of the child will be in line with the mother's durinig her immigration journey and will need to acquire ILR (along with the mother) before being eligible to be registered as a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.