ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Parents visitor visa

Post by mydoubts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi my parents are about to apply for visit visa. They are staying in my brothers house in india. If my brother provide a letter that they are staying in his house. Is that enough for proof to say that they are living in their sons home? Please advise

Singh_harv
India

Re: Parents visitor visa

Post by Singh_harv » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Your brother will also need to send house registry documents to show he owns it.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Thanks. Any other documents instead of registration documents?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Most importantly, what documented evidence will your parents be able to submit showing stronger ties in their home country than they would have with you in the UK? This should include financial self-sufficiency together with other evidence such as employment, property or land ownership and close family ties.

The Entry Clearance Office will want to be convinced that they wont overstay in the UK. Since the route to settlement for adult dependent relatives was virtually closed when the Immigration Rules were tightened in July 2012, visitor visa applications for parents now come under a great deal of scrutiny. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:06 am

They will be submitting docs related to property and land they own. And their financial docs. But i want to know what evidence they can provide related to my brothers house they live in india. Other than registration document?

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 am

Does your brother pay any property tax? You can show that as ownership.

mydoubts
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mydoubts » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 am

Yes he pays. Thanks.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:39 am

Do write a covering explaining their circumstances, their income/savings, property, family members in india(give them a family tree).