ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Commissioner of oaths - sworn statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heneni
Newly Registered

Commissioner of oaths - sworn statement

Post by Heneni » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 pm

Hello!

My ex-husband has to get me a sworn affidavit. He says this service will cost him 150 pounds. I think he might be trying to rip me off.

All he needs to do is take the statement to the county court and have a commissioner of oaths , which I presume would be available at the court, stamp it right? I thought this cost five pounds?

Or does he HAVE to work through a solicitor? I'm trying to find out why it will cost him so much, well actually it will cost ME so much. He has said that I have to deposit the money into his account. Is he trying to swindle me out of money? Or is someone trying to swindle him?

Kind Regards

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Heneni, how about you call the local county court around your children's residence to get accurate information? You should also note down the name of the person you speak to at the court and ask them if you can refer your ex husband to them?

You can then give your ex husband the name and telephone number of the person you speak to and tell him the agreed fee. He can then take it from there.

The most i've had to pay for an oath via a solicitor is £10.

Perhaps your EX was given the wrong information. Maybe the person that gave him the information gave the fees for contact order instead.