ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:57 pm

hi baheri
why dnt u ask for ur case worker email so tht u can be direct with him coz already its been 10 weeks for u so they shd give u bit more details instead of sayin ur case is with cw

May21st
Newly Registered

Post by May21st » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Docs provided were:

-Passport (Australian)
-Original Diploma (from Australian university)
-Aus Online Pay Slips: printed, stamped and signed by Aus employer
-Uk Online Pay Slips: printed, stamped and signed by UK employer
-Aus bank statements (for pay verification)
-UK bank statements (for pay verification and maintenance funds)

Also as back up I provided:
- Letter from Uk employer (as additional proof of pay and UK experience)
- Letter from Aus employer (as additional proof of pay)
- Original Academic Transcript and Letter from university (as secondary proof of study and language requirements)

Also put a single sticky note on each set of docs with any reqd clarification (eg for Aus payslips, I highlighted that there were 2 payslips for a particular month because of overpayment and subsequent correction).

Maybe that was overkill but didn't want to chance it, so I tried to be as thorough as possible without complicating the matter.

Hope that helps.

[quote="tssivakumar"]Hello May21st,

Congratulations! Can yo please tell what documents you submitted along with your application? It might be helpful to know for everyone.

[quote="May21st"]Hi All,

Just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who has posted on here.

With the exception of one fruitless attempt at calling the homeoffice I have used this site as my source of info - particularly with timelines.

To assist anybody else who is still waiting, my details for the approval I got back today are:

Type of application : WP to TIER1
Application Sent : 20/5/2008
Payment taken : 21/5/2008
Ref no dated : 22/5/2008
Ref number : PB3063**
Stamped on : 26/6/2008
Recevied on : 04/7/2008
Days taken : 45 days from day sent to day received
Note: No urgent treatment, docs sent by royal mail next day & included a prepaid pack for the return.[/quote][/quote]

baheri

Post by baheri » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:28 am

khanlala wrote:hi baheri
why dnt u ask for ur case worker email so tht u can be direct with him coz already its been 10 weeks for u so they shd give u bit more details instead of sayin ur case is with cw
emm dis is gud idea. I m gonna call HO on Monday again. If nothing happen, then I will try to get his email so I can contact him directly. Thanks for dat

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:04 am

Any approval this saturday or today ?

beever

Post by beever » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:00 am

hi all,

i am on same day as baheri - 28th april and still have not got my passport back yet...this week is the 10th week so will call later to enquire what is going on..

i knw what you mean baheri, we missed 2 weddings. one in france another in malaysia...total wasted close to £1k.

will update if i hear from them

jj627
Newly Registered

Post by jj627 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 am

i applied on 12th May but still haven't got my docs back yet.

phoned ho today to ask the process. one guy called jarrod said everything is delayed at the moment. they have removed the 10 weeks standard time line. the application may take as much time as they like!

what a joke!

surmui

Post by surmui » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:53 am

Hi,
got my approval on sat.Had appliedforFLR ontier 1 for HSMP 1+3.
My time line
Applied on 20'th may 08
HO receieved on 21'st May 08
Ref no on 24'th may 08
Additional documents sent on 7'th June 08

No phone or email contact made
Doc receieved on 5'th Julywith approval and visa upto 2011 for four of us.

Wish all waiting good luck :D

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:58 am

hi guys
i have sent my docs on 8th may and still no reply waiting for some answer

raush
Newly Registered

Post by raush » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm

surmui wrote:Hi,
got my approval on sat.Had appliedforFLR ontier 1 for HSMP 1+3.
My time line
Applied on 20'th may 08
HO receieved on 21'st May 08
Ref no on 24'th may 08
Additional documents sent on 7'th June 08

No phone or email contact made
Doc receieved on 5'th Julywith approval and visa upto 2011 for four of us.

Wish all waiting good luck :D
Where did you sent the additional documents?

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Guys

Can anyone of you please send me HO phone number where i can contact them and also fax number where you are sending docuement for Urgent treatment.

Gautam

jj627
Newly Registered

Post by jj627 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 pm

gautam_309 wrote:Guys

Can anyone of you please send me HO phone number where i can contact them and also fax number where you are sending docuement for Urgent treatment.

Gautam
HO phone no: 0114 207 4074
HO fax number: 0114 207 6555

rajivferroin

Tier1 Approved

Post by rajivferroin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

HI Friends,

One of my friend applied for Tier1 and he has got the approval.

Time line in his case are:
Applied with HSMP approval letter - for Tier 1 transistional arrangement

Applied on - 16th may 2008
Passport received on - 3rd July 2008

Regards
Rajeev

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund

Post by vinod_p » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi all,

I have some doubts regarding the maintenance fund requirement. I am currently in UK on work permit and planning to apply for Tier1. I maintain 2 accounts: one in the UK and the other in India. I have transferred some money from my UK account to the account in India. As a result, my balance in the UK account was dropped below £800. I can show that the combined balance of the two accounts was above £800 at any time during the last 3 months. i.e., the balance in neither of the account was maintained above £800, but the combined balance was always above £800. Will this satisfy the maintenance fund requirement?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance fund

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:19 pm

vinod_p wrote:Hi all,

I have some doubts regarding the maintenance fund requirement. I am currently in UK on work permit and planning to apply for Tier1. I maintain 2 accounts: one in the UK and the other in India. I have transferred some money from my UK account to the account in India. As a result, my balance in the UK account was dropped below £800. I can show that the combined balance of the two accounts was above £800 at any time during the last 3 months. i.e., the balance in neither of the account was maintained above £800, but the combined balance was always above £800. Will this satisfy the maintenance fund requirement?
Please refrain from making duplicate posts.

1. I believe you can use multiple accounts to show maintenance funds.
2. The location / country where you maintain accounts should not affect - as long as the money is readily accessible to you in UK.
3. Make sure that the Indian bank statement is issued within 7 days of application. Though UK bank statement can be be dated anytime within 1 month of application, I would suggest that you get the UK bank statement issued the same day that your Indian bank statement is issued (this way the 3 month period for both accounts will match).
4. The rule to maintain min. balance everyday for 3 months is mandatory.

A cover letter explaining the use of two accounts and that 800 pounds has been maintained through these 2 accounts will make things easier to understand for CW.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
vinod_p wrote:Hi all,

Please refrain from making duplicate posts.

1. I believe you can use multiple accounts to show maintenance funds.
2. The location / country where you maintain accounts should not affect - as long as the money is readily accessible to you in UK.
3. Make sure that the Indian bank statement is issued within 7 days of application. Though UK bank statement can be be dated anytime within 1 month of application, I would suggest that you get the UK bank statement issued the same day that your Indian bank statement is issued (this way the 3 month period for both accounts will match).
4. The rule to maintain min. balance everyday for 3 months is mandatory.

A cover letter explaining the use of two accounts and that 800 pounds has been maintained through these 2 accounts will make things easier to understand for CW.
Thanks for the reply.
The balance in my UK account was below £800 only for 5 days. Is it enough to show that the combined balance was above £800 for that duration? i.e., the UK bank statement for the last 3 months + Indian account statement covering those 5 days ?

Also, what document I need to show for proving " the money is readily accessible to me in UK?
The HO website only mention that "funds held in a account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on the OANDA website, which you can finds on the right of this page, and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application." - nothing about the accessibility from UK.

baheri

Post by baheri » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:38 pm

beever wrote:hi all,

i am on same day as baheri - 28th april and still have not got my passport back yet...this week is the 10th week so will call later to enquire what is going on..

i knw what you mean baheri, we missed 2 weddings. one in france another in malaysia...total wasted close to £1k.

will update if i hear from them
i fax letter to speed up ma application. When I phoned on Frdiday, guy on phone told me dat they have received the letter n is linked to my file. I m gonna call again tomorow to know wot have they done so far. I guess u send such letter to acknolwdge them of ur application. Gud luk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 pm

vinod_p wrote:The balance in my UK account was below £800 only for 5 days. Is it enough to show that the combined balance was above £800 for that duration? i.e., the UK bank statement for the last 3 months + Indian account statement covering those 5 days ?

Also, what document I need to show for proving " the money is readily accessible to me in UK?
The HO website only mention that "funds held in a account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on the OANDA website, which you can finds on the right of this page, and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application." - nothing about the accessibility from UK.
In my opinion, you must show 3 month bank statement for both accounts.

For example,
money in Indian account = A
money in UK account = B
Total (A+B) should be more than 800 pounds everyday for 3 months.

While your suggestion of showing 5 days statement of indian account would probably take care of the shortfall in UK account for 5 days, but your application might be refused for not meeting the 3 month requirement (since you intend to use 2 accounts rather than one to prove maintenance funds).

Readily accessible means that access to money is not under any restriction / penalty. A statement mentioning "savings acount" or "current account" as type of account should work (personal opinion) or get a letter from the bank to say that money is readily accessible.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

khanlala
Newly Registered

Post by khanlala » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:46 pm

hi guys
i called home office today they told me my case is not assigned to case worker still i am 8th may applicant and she told me that from now onwards the 10 weeks time limit is finished as well then i told her i have been told by her colleage that my case was assigned to case worker on 24th may she said no we have put ur case on system on 24th may

after some time my agent called me thru whom i applied she told me she spoke to calling center and they said my application is in verification stage

we both made call on same day and differnt replys so i belive tht calling center ppl are teling us just stories which they make by their self

i have sended urgent treatement fax already today lets see whts the answer

Manjo
Newly Registered

Post by Manjo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi everyone!

Although i've been using this website quite a lot i just signed up today.

I would like here to agree with what khanlala just said.

on 29th may 08 i sent my FLR under tier 1 with hsmp approval letter, received the acknowledgement letter on the 30th. and last thursday

i wrote an email to the home office, got the reply today saying they are still processing applications received on 17th may.

i called after i read the email and was told that they are still within the 10weeks timescale and that i will receive a reply within few weeks.the guy on the phone refused to give me status of application.
khanlala wrote:hi guys
i called home office today they told me my case is not assigned to case worker still i am 8th may applicant and she told me that from now onwards the 10 weeks time limit is finished as well then i told her i have been told by her colleage that my case was assigned to case worker on 24th may she said no we have put ur case on system on 24th may

after some time my agent called me thru whom i applied she told me she spoke to calling center and they said my application is in verification stage

we both made call on same day and differnt replys so i belive tht calling center ppl are teling us just stories which they make by their self

i have sended urgent treatement fax already today lets see whts the answer

vinod_p
Newly Registered

Post by vinod_p » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
vinod_p wrote:The balance in my UK account was below £800 only for 5 days. Is it enough to show that the combined balance was above £800 for that duration? i.e., the UK bank statement for the last 3 months + Indian account statement covering those 5 days ?

In my opinion, you must show 3 month bank statement for both accounts.

For example,
money in Indian account = A
money in UK account = B
Total (A+B) should be more than 800 pounds everyday for 3 months.

While your suggestion of showing 5 days statement of indian account would probably take care of the shortfall in UK account for 5 days, but your application might be refused for not meeting the 3 month requirement (since you intend to use 2 accounts rather than one to prove maintenance funds).

Readily accessible means that access to money is not under any restriction / penalty. A statement mentioning "savings acount" or "current account" as type of account should work (personal opinion) or get a letter from the bank to say that money is readily accessible.

regards
Thanks a lot..I will submit 3 months statements of both the accounts.

As per the policy guidance:
“For applications submitted outside the UK, all evidence must be dated no more than 7 days before the application is submittedâ€

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:03 am

Hi all,
Just tracked my expected packet from HO, with Royal Mail, which says it will be delivered on 08/07/08.
So hopefully I will get my passports back tomorrow. Its been just over 5 wks siince I applied.
Thanks to this forum for help

ddpatel256
Newly Registered

Post by ddpatel256 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:06 am

[quote="gidoc"]Hi all,
Just tracked my expected packet from HO, with Royal Mail, which says it will be delivered on 08/07/08.
So hopefully I will get my passports back tomorrow. Its been just over 5 wks siince I applied.
Thanks to this forum for help[/quot]

can u give royal mail link?

urefriendforever
Newly Registered

need information

Post by urefriendforever » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:11 am

Hi all,

I am probably going to be slightly off-topic here, but would appreciate if i can be accomodated.

I am considering going to a B-School in the UK (considering the top tier ones only and i feel i do have the sufficient background to be able to make it), i would like to understand the visa tier1 issue a little better..i have gone thru the self assessment tool and tried various scenarios where i think i fit in, but some questions still linger....very basic ones

1) Is tier1 visa a work permit for 2 years (which is my understanding)
2) Do i need an employer post university as a pre-requsite to this visa
3) For a one year course, is it possible to apply in the middle of the course for this visa?

Would appreciate if i can get answers to these questions?

Many thanks in advance..

gautam_309

Re: need information

Post by gautam_309 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:25 am

urefriendforever wrote:Hi all,

I am probably going to be slightly off-topic here, but would appreciate if i can be accomodated.

I am considering going to a B-School in the UK (considering the top tier ones only and i feel i do have the sufficient background to be able to make it), i would like to understand the visa tier1 issue a little better..i have gone thru the self assessment tool and tried various scenarios where i think i fit in, but some questions still linger....very basic ones

1) Is tier1 visa a work permit for 2 years (which is my understanding)

Initial Tier 1 visa is granted for 3 Yrs and it is different from WP, with WP you can only work with the cmpy who has processed your WP but with Tier 1 you are free to choose your employer, it is UK version of H1 visa.

2) Do i need an employer post university as a pre-requsite to this visa

You dont require any sponser or University to apply for this visa, if you are able to score atleats 95 pts in 3 mandatory section you are eligible for Visa

3) For a one year course, is it possible to apply in the middle of the course for this visa?

Yes it is possible to switch from Student Visa to Tier 1 (General). I am also on the same boat and i have cehcked with Home Office and they have suggested that it is mandatory to enter UK on Student Visa but after that u can convert to Tier 1, so i will suggest that you should check before appllying Tier 1 if you are planning to persue MBA in UK

Would appreciate if i can get answers to these questions?

Many thanks in advance..

----

Please see my commnet in blue

megha_82
Newly Registered

Help needed

Post by megha_82 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi,

I'm a work permit holder planning to switch to Tier-1.

1) I have more than 800 pounds in my HSBC basic accnt for the past 3 months. But the accnt is a basic accnt from which I can withdraw maximum 200 pounds/day only. Can I show it as maintenance fund?

2) Part of my salary is credited into SBI accnt in India . Can I submit passbook of the accnt as proof of earnings?

Thanks in advance