ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and appendix 2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rashismart2000

Spouse Visa from Pakistan

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:59 am

Hi All,

I would appreciate if someone can clarify below. I am applying for my wife to join me in the UK from Pakistan.

1) I was told to get access to this https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome via gov.uk. I am struggling to get access to given link from gov.uk, an suggestion please?
2) where do I as a sponsor need to send my documents I will appreciate if someone has dealt with application from Islamabad recently and could clarify this mystery!
4) do I need to certify my passport photocopy? if yes, who could do this?

6) tenancy agreement is enough or do I have to provide a letter showing my landlord has no objection, as rules does not suggest to provide a letter from the landlord?
7) TB certificate will expire on 31st July , does it need to be valid at the time of submission or decision?

Thank you for all your help
I want to learn by sharing what I Have learnt.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa from Pakistan

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:20 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:59 am
Hi All,

I would appreciate if someone can clarify below. I am applying for my wife to join me in the UK from Pakistan.

1) I was told to get access to this https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome via gov.uk. I am struggling to get access to given link from gov.uk, an suggestion please?
2) where do I as a sponsor need to send my documents I will appreciate if someone has dealt with application from Islamabad recently and could clarify this mystery!
4) do I need to certify my passport photocopy? if yes, who could do this?

6) tenancy agreement is enough or do I have to provide a letter showing my landlord has no objection, as rules does not suggest to provide a letter from the landlord?
7) TB certificate will expire on 31st July , does it need to be valid at the time of submission or decision?

Thank you for all your help

1&2) plenty of threads available about it. Search & help yourself

4) As a precaution yes you can. Use postoffice as they are very cheap.

6) In private renting the noc letter from landlord is mandatory. Also home inspection report is needed only if sharing with other none-related adults.

7) you can use it until 31st July .
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:39 pm

I am living in 2 bed flat provided by housing association, do I still need NOC letter from landlord?

Even confused after searched which link do I have to use?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:39 pm
I am living in 2 bed flat provided by housing association, do I still need NOC letter from landlord?

Even confused after searched which link do I have to use?
Housing associations are usually reluctant in issuing noc letter but I am afraid you have to convince them for getting that.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Thank you

I can not locate rules suggesting this kind of letter from landlord?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm
Thank you

I can not locate rules suggesting this kind of letter from landlord?

Thank you
11. MAA11 Adequacy of accommodation
The ECO’s judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant. If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he / she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ommodation

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 pm

So this is not mandatory and only if ECO has some sort of doubts for illegal occupancy and overcrowding?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:42 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 pm
So this is not mandatory and only if ECO has some sort of doubts for illegal occupancy and overcrowding?
But if the tenancy agreement is not joint named and has no name of other partner then what do you think that will ECO be satisfied? Without landlord permission it will be sub-letting which is illegal and won't be accepted. On same above given link there is also guidance about sub-letting too.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 pm

I get your point, however, how is possible for landlord accepting tenant without check on right to rent and references?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 pm
I get your point, however, how is possible for landlord accepting tenant without check on right to rent and references?
Yes that should have been done only in case of you but how about if someone without these checks or landlord's permission starts living there??

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:06 pm

According to shelter, 'If you move in on or after 1 February 2016, your landlord must ask you to prove that you have the right to live in the UK and the right to rent.Your landlord could be fined if they don't do right to rent checks.'

So before visa it is almost impossible for anybody to prove this?

I can see your point but sub letting means to rent out part or whole without landlord consent which excludes spouse.Hence why, housing association, transfer the tenancy to the spouse automatically incase the main applicant( husband) passed away if she has been living at the same address.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Also, according to housing right, 'Other people living in your social tenancy
Your tenancy is your home, so you're allowed to have other people live with you. You should let your landlord know if someone is going to be moving into your home, but you don't need permission. This person has no legal rights in the property though because he or she is not named on the tenancy agreement. If you want to add a person to your tenancy, you need your landlord's permission.

If you charge this person rent to live in the property the person is a sub-tenant, and you'll need to get your landlord's permission. If you are charging rent to someone who lives with you and that person is a member of your family he or she won't be able to get help from housing benefit to pay the rent.'

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 pm

I am pretty sure that if someone do google search then can easily search topics/articles of his/her taste giving temporary assurance of something which might be acceptable at somewhere but might not necessarily be acceptable to other where. The link given to you is purely from UKVI who deals the visa and they have their rules autonomous than shelter or any housing associations. The caseworkers who work for them are chained up with their guidances and checklists . But again it doesn't matter whether the person moving in is your closest family member or not the HO wants permission from the landlord. Even someone is living at his/her parents home the HO still wants noc letter from parents for visa purposes. If you still not understand then you can apply without it but do let us know the outcome.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Plenty of cases has been approved without NOC
Letter but as cases are dealt on individual merits so to generalise the outcome of few cases will not be a right approach.

I appreciate what are you saying but the fact is the main test in the rule is adequate accommodation that is to say to pass the legal ownership or possession , overcrowding .I never came across that applicant has been refused by not providing NOC. It is a good practice but impossible in majority of cases since right to rents rules has been implemented

rashismart2000

Spouse visa and appendix 2

Post by rashismart2000 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi All,
I noticed on the gov.uk website used to say you must also complete appendix 2 under partner visa, the later is no longer there, does it mean we do not have to fill in appendix 2 anymore?

Thank you

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa and appendix 2

Post by Archer1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:13 pm
Hi All,
I noticed on the gov.uk website used to say you must also complete appendix 2 under partner visa, the later is no longer there, does it mean we do not have to fill in appendix 2 anymore?

Thank you
As far as I know, yes we do have to fill in Appendix 2.
__A

richseals
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by richseals » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 pm

I have just been thru this process and opted to upload documents. I the upload section, there is a specific section to upload Appendix 2. So, I would say, fill it in and upload if you have this option.

Hope that helps.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Yes, appendix 2 was in the checklist, I have filled appendix 2 basically word per word what I have written in online application.