ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US students arriving before visa date for vacation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JLT215
Newly Registered
United States of America

US students arriving before visa date for vacation

Post by JLT215 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello everyone!

I’m planning on going to the U.K. before the start of my visa date, drop off my items, then go to another country for vacation and return on the date of my visa. Has anyone tried this? I will have all my travel documents ready for my vacation when I arrive in the U.K. to show I will be leaving for about a week, then returning.

I’m curious if other people tried it and how it went. TIA 😀

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: US students arriving before visa date for vacation

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 am

See this earlier question about the same matter, where I see you have posted.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/uk-visa-tier-4- ... 83073.html

As long as you are clear that your first stay is a short visit that meets the Standard Visitor rules, it is fine.

The problem comes when someone (nearly always your countrymen for some reason) comes to the UK as a "visitor" before their Tier 4 vignette start date, thinking they can just stay and somehow regenerate into a Tier 4 migrant when their vignette kicks in. Having not entered on their vignette, such a person will not be able to collect their BRP, cannot enrol on their course, and may have used deception on entry.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

JLT215
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: US students arriving before visa date for vacation

Post by JLT215 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 am

Thank you for your help! It was very much appreciated.