ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa extension delay 8 months

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jesbeth2015
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 visa extension delay 8 months

Post by Jesbeth2015 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi ,
I have an enquiry regarding my tier 2 visa extension .myself and my husband made an application together for our tier 2 visa extension .The application was made on 6th November 2018 as our current leave to remain was expiring on 15th January 2019.on 23rd November 2018 we received a letter stating that as this is an exceptionally complicated issues , further time is required for reaching a decision . It’s been 8 months , I have not received a decision from the home office yet .we are still waiting .
This is very stressful and I don’t know what to do .I have been in Uk more than 5 years in the month of May 2019 , but haven’t applied for my ILR either as the decision for the tier 2 visa extension is still pending .could you please provide me with some help .I am a nurse.
The most recent update says that there is no timescale for the decision yet . I am not aware of anyone else who is facing similar situation.
Kindly help us with this .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 visa extension delay 8 months

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Have you asked your sponsor to chase ho?? They have a direct contact to the home office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jesbeth2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jesbeth2015 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi ,
They have done an employment status check which indicated that I still have the right to work .Apart from that I am not aware of the hospital contacting them as I have a solicitor who is chasing up the status of application for me .my application was a 10 days priority service . I have a clear immigration history but my husband had few immigration issues before .I don’t know if this causing the delay , I am feeling fed up and stressed out due to this long delay .am I still able to apply for ILR while the decision is still pending ?kindly help please .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:01 pm

but my husband had few immigration issues before .
Issues such as what?? Can you state his full immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jesbeth2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jesbeth2015 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi ,
I am unsure of what has happened to his visa earlier , there was some enquiries related to his previous visa once after he got switched over to dependent visa . So now when we have applied for the extension together on the same date , home office have not given us a decision yet about the application .I am unsure what is causing the delay though .

Thankyou .

Jesbeth2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jesbeth2015 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi ,
Is there any way that you can suggest to help us speed up the application ?

Thanks .