ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 application form-Confused!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dpplace
Newly Registered

EEA 2 application form-Confused!

Post by dpplace » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi.
I entered the Uk with my partner (an EEA national) in January 2008 on an EEA FP and am now applying for residency using the EEA 2 form.

Do I need to send documentation supporting the fact that we lived and worked in Italy for 2 years even though we already supplied this to the British High Commission in Rome and hence obtained the EEA FP? The form makes no mention that it is a requirement however I have read conflicting information.

Please if somebody could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

David

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:33 am

hi

I would like to share my experience with you.I am a non eu nation ,who is married to eu nation.Before coming to the uk, I applied for eea family permit in warsaw and granted for 6 months.meantime, My wife had moved to uk and started working.At the end of 6 months, I could not make an an application on EEA2 as my wife had worked for a continues period of 12 months.Then I made an application on FRMS, and I got a visa which expired the day my wife completed working in the uk for 12 months.After that I applied for EAA2.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA 2 application form-Confused!

Post by Rozen » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:50 am

dpplace wrote:Hi.
I entered the Uk with my partner (an EEA national) in January 2008 on an EEA FP and am now applying for residency using the EEA 2 form.

Do I need to send documentation supporting the fact that we lived and worked in Italy for 2 years even though we already supplied this to the British High Commission in Rome and hence obtained the EEA FP? The form makes no mention that it is a requirement however I have read conflicting information.

Please if somebody could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

David
Are you applying as a married or unmarried partner?

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:38 pm

Applying as an unmarried partner - you will have to provide evidence of a 2 year cohabitation. The Home Office will require this to ensure that you meet their criteria of an unmarried parther accordig to national law. You may have provided this for your family permit but will need to provide it again as you application is being processed by the home office now as opposed to UKvisas.

See the follwoing which gives you an idea of what sort of documents I provided with my application and how to put it together..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Best of luck,
Pasha