ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Previous Employment Relieving letter for VFS?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ganeshji
Newly Registered

Post by Ganeshji » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:41 pm

I do not have my relieving letter from my previous employer (owing to the fact they asked me 6 months notice period and I was not able to abide by that). I am working in my present company for more than 3 years. Please let me know if this is a concern when we apply @ VFS.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 pm

It will never be a problem in Tier 1 Visa.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:09 pm

It will not be problem, provided, if you submit experiance certificate.

But, if you mention in your application, that you have worked for this employer and could not submit experiance certificate then, yes it is point to worry, coz they may ask for certificate.

If they didnt notice then who ask you let them know.
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Alishah wrote: But, if you mention in your application, that you have worked for this employer and could not submit experiance certificate then, yes it is point to worry, coz they may ask for certificate.
I wonder, where it is mentioned ? As per my knowledge, employment docs(sal slips and other stuff) from employer for which you are claiming points needs to be in place.

For integra, it used to be last 2 years employment details and docs.

Ganeshji
Newly Registered

Post by Ganeshji » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 am

Do you know that Integra or VFS has laid down any rules relating to this? It is now impossible for me to get the letter from the company. I have a salary certificate, Form 16 provided by the company and my project leader is still working in the company and he will give a good feedback if he is quoted as a reference.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Is Previous Employment Relieving letter for VFS?

Post by gotcha » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:14 am

Ganeshji wrote:Do you know that Integra or VFS has laid down any rules relating to this? It is now impossible for me to get the letter from the company. I have a salary certificate, Form 16 provided by the company and my project leader is still working in the company and he will give a good feedback if he is quoted as a reference.
When you have worked for that company?

Ganeshji
Newly Registered

Post by Ganeshji » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 am

I have worked between Mar 2004 and Oct 2005. After Oct 2005 that I am working in my present company till date.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 am

Ganeshji wrote:I have worked between Mar 2004 and Oct 2005. After Oct 2005 that I am working in my present company till date.
Then there should not be any problem. Usually integra takes details of employer you worked for in last 1-2 years. VFS people may ask you about letter. But, tell them that, you dont have them. That wont be a problem.

Ganeshji
Newly Registered

Post by Ganeshji » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:29 am

gotcha wrote:
Ganeshji wrote:I have worked between Mar 2004 and Oct 2005. After Oct 2005 that I am working in my present company till date.
Then there should not be any problem. Usually integra takes details of employer you worked for in last 1-2 years. VFS people may ask you about letter. But, tell them that, you dont have them. That wont be a problem.
Thank you so much. I am relieved now. But does this hold good for any VFS office. I am planning to apply in Bangalore? (sorry for so many questions, but I am worried)

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:32 am

Ganeshji wrote:
gotcha wrote:
Thank you so much. I am relieved now. But does this hold good for any VFS office. I am planning to apply in Bangalore? (sorry for so many questions, but I am worried)
VFS is not one taking decision on your Visa. They can advice you. But, can not demand/force you to submit any document.

Ganeshji
Newly Registered

Post by Ganeshji » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:35 am

This discussion is really useful. I am confident I can apply for my EC now. Thanks all who replied my post. - Ganesh

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:45 pm

gotcha wrote:
Ganeshji wrote:
gotcha wrote:
VFS is not one taking decision on your Visa. They can advice you. But, can not demand/force you to submit any document.

Yes, But their decision would impact you to great extant! isnt it, you need to be fully clear before submitting your application. It is better to be safe then sorry!

Just my thoughts, who know your case better then you?
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen