ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 VISA exceptionally complex letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hwkkk
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

TIER 2 VISA exceptionally complex letter

Post by hwkkk » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi there,

I have been holding a Tier 4 student visa and is now applying to switch to a Tier 2 visa within the UK. I submitted all the mandatory documents required by the Home Office online. I have gone for the Super Priority Service and have my biometrics taken on 13/07 (sat). Later on that day, I received an email from my caseworker saying she needs my police registration certificate in order to proceed with my application. An 'exceptionally complex' letter was sent from my caseworker on the same day afterward.

The problem is, I don't know I have to register with the police until now. When I first came to the UK, I did attempt to register with the police but at the time, the police told me I did not need to register with them because it did not say so on my entry clearance vignette in my passport. During my time in the UK, I lost my passport once and as required by the Home Office, I applied for a new visa with my new passport at the time. I did not notice the words 'Police registration' on my new entry clearance vignette, and no one advised me at the time that I needed to register with the police with my new visa. After I got the request from my caseworker, I went to the station on 15/07 (mon) because the registration station is closed on the weekends. I got my police registration certificate on the same day and sent it to my caseworker. But I haven't heard from either my caseworker or the Home Office since. I tried calling the UKVI and they said they could not access my application and they could not advise when I would receive the decision.

This is quite stressful because of the lack of communication from the Home Office, and I don't know what else I can do. Is there anything I can do to know the status of my application and speed up the process?

Thank you!!!

Date of Application: 10/07 (wed)
Date of Biometric taken: 13/07 (sat)
Exceptionally complex letter date: 13/07 (sat)
Sending Police Registration date: 15/07 (mon)

ahmed2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 2 VISA exceptionally complex letter

Post by ahmed2019 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi hwkkk,

Did you get any reply from the HO?

hwkkk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:42 pm
Hi there,

I have been holding a Tier 4 student visa and is now applying to switch to a Tier 2 visa within the UK. I submitted all the mandatory documents required by the Home Office online. I have gone for the Super Priority Service and have my biometrics taken on 13/07 (sat). Later on that day, I received an email from my caseworker saying she needs my police registration certificate in order to proceed with my application. An 'exceptionally complex' letter was sent from my caseworker on the same day afterward.

The problem is, I don't know I have to register with the police until now. When I first came to the UK, I did attempt to register with the police but at the time, the police told me I did not need to register with them because it did not say so on my entry clearance vignette in my passport. During my time in the UK, I lost my passport once and as required by the Home Office, I applied for a new visa with my new passport at the time. I did not notice the words 'Police registration' on my new entry clearance vignette, and no one advised me at the time that I needed to register with the police with my new visa. After I got the request from my caseworker, I went to the station on 15/07 (mon) because the registration station is closed on the weekends. I got my police registration certificate on the same day and sent it to my caseworker. But I haven't heard from either my caseworker or the Home Office since. I tried calling the UKVI and they said they could not access my application and they could not advise when I would receive the decision.

This is quite stressful because of the lack of communication from the Home Office, and I don't know what else I can do. Is there anything I can do to know the status of my application and speed up the process?

Thank you!!!

hwkkk
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by hwkkk » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes - I got the reply from them around 10 working days after my biometrics was taken.
ahmed2019 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi hwkkk,

hwkkk wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you!!!

ahmed2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ahmed2019 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi hwkkk,

Thank you for your reply. You give me hope.
my situation as follows:
- I got a Tier 4 student 10/2013, expire on 3/2018
- I applied for Tier 4 extension on 1/2018 (NO DECISION FROM HOME OFFICE)
- I applied again before getting any decision from the Home Office on 3/2019 for DES visa (NO DECISION FROM HOME OFFICE AGAIN)
- Now, I applied for a Tier 2 visa as a super-priority service on 27/8/2019 to save time and hopefully not lose the job offer that I got. Also, I paid for next day appointment for a fingerprint on 28/8/2019.

Today, I received an email from the Home Office that they need extra time

"This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision."

since 1/2018 not get a response from the Home Office and I applied for an extension and then DES and then Tier 2 with no decision until now!!!
I feel that I will lose the job offer that I got after hard study and work for 6 years.

any suggestion or advice, please.

[quote=hwkkk post_id=1819137 time=1567079657 user_id=221638]
Yes - I got the reply from them around 10 working days after my biometrics was taken.

PoopyScoopyScooby
Newly Registered
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by PoopyScoopyScooby » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Hwkkk,

Was the response favourable? Asking because I had a similar PRC mishap and would love an update if possible thanks!
hwkkk wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:54 pm
ahmed2019 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi hwkkk,

hwkkk wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you!!!