ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 Renewal

Post by Lorenna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Hi All,

My husband is due to renew his stamp 4 in our local garda station in 4 weeks time.
Does anyone know how much time you are allowed to spend outside Ireland on a stamp 4?

We have only been outside Ireland for up to 4 weeks for each of the last 3 years, on holidays etc. only.

This judges ruling has me worrying about his renewal now!

We were meant to be applying for Citizenship in January. Now we might be holding off but have to wait and see.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 Renewal

Post by littlerr » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:43 pm

That's fine. 4 weeks are normal.
I don't know if there's a limit on that, but even if there is, it would be something similar to the requirement of being a tax resident of Ireland (i.e. in Ireland for at least 183 days per year).
The judge's ruling is to do with naturalisation applications, not residence permits.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:52 am

Thanks.

Does anyone know what you should bring with you to renew stamp 4 on basis of marriage to Irish Citizen?
The list they sent us says recent utility bill or bank statement AND letter from Landlord or RTB. We don't have a landlord as we live with my parents. We are Sale Agreed on a house currently but wont close on that till about 3 weeks after renewal.

Would a letter from my parents suffice?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Yeah a signed letter from your parents (maybe with some proof that they own the house), both passports, and the original permission letter (if there is one).

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Perfect thanks. We never got an original permission letter, we have an email from Citizenship stating this that they told us to print and bring. We will have them sign a letter and maybe bring one of their mortgage statements.

Thanks.