ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I enter the UK without British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kankerot
United Kingdom

Can I enter the UK without British Passport

Post by kankerot » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:34 am

So have to travel to the USA urgently, UK passport of my son not been returned, can he leave the UK and enter the US on his US passport?

Also what happens on his return to the UK?

I assume his passport will be returned before we intend to come back - will it be best for it to be sent to the USA?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I enter the UK without British Passport

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Travel to the US has nothing to do with his UK passport or British citizenship. You can leave the UK with any passport you hold.
He should come back to the UK using his British passport to be admitted as a British citizen rather than a US visitor :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kankerot
United Kingdom

Re: Can I enter the UK without British Passport

Post by kankerot » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 pm
Travel to the US has nothing to do with his UK passport or British citizenship. You can leave the UK with any passport you hold.
He should come back to the UK using his British passport to be admitted as a British citizen rather than a US visitor :!:
Ok, so we are good to go, we can get the UK passport posted to the US and use that to come back to the UK.