ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maibm
United Kingdom

Baby born outside the UK

Post by maibm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi all,

Really need some help please and really sorry in advance if this has been asked before but I’ve not been able to find a similar topic.

Me and my wife are expecting our first baby. I’m a British citizen by birth - born and bred in the uk (not British by descent). My wife is a Pakistani citizen. My wife came to the uk on a spouse visa and through that spouse visa we moved to Dubai. We married in Pakistan and only have a Pakistani marriage certificate - we never registered our marriage in the uk.

My question is if my wife gives birth here in Dubai, what passport will our baby qualify for? Would it be a British passport given I am the father who is British by birth?

I’ve tried finding out from all sorts of places but haven’t been able to find out.

Would really appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Child will be British by descent automatically. Apply directly for a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi cr001, many thanks for your quick reply. What’s the application process and do you know how long this would take?

Also what documents would I need to provide?

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:57 pm

You need to submit a number of documents which you will find by going to the website gov.uk.
Application for child passport outside the UK.