ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-employment Conundrum.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gstarry
Newly Registered
Argentina

Self-employment Conundrum.

Post by Gstarry » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 pm

Dear all,

Me and wife are just about sending our EEA application but we are looking for some clarify and input regarding her self employment document, so that we do not over, or under provide docs.

So far we are sending the following in support of her self employment (Profession: Beauty therapist)

1) Proof of self employment (this is the standard letter sent via post from HMRC about her NI and self employment registration for tax and National Insurance)
2) Business bank statements(showing all her card payment from clients)
3) Tax return for 2018-2019 ( 4 months, December 2018-April 2019)
4) Current Statement of Account from Quick Books
5) print out of her online booking form/platform, fliers and other promotion materials.

Also, as noted above, she started self employment last December, the earnings on her last year tax return was for a period of 4 months and it was 6,120K.

In this tax year she has made 17K and projections is possibly around the 32K mark, my point is considering we are submitting 2018/19 tax return in support of our application do we :

1) do we also print all invoices for her current income for the tax year that it yet to come because we do not have a tax return yet.
2) She currently manages her books by herself but is an accountants letter required and?
3) What else could be relevant in support of her self employment?

Please members, your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

hortuspyrex
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Re: Self-employment Conundrum.

Post by hortuspyrex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:08 pm

My husband is also self-employed. The first time I applied for EEA RC it was refused because we do not have enough proof of my husband being a qualified person (or something like that not really sure what's the term), the second time we sent in extra proof of his self-employment and it was successful.

for your points
1) I sent in every invoice and highlight the income for the job on his bank statement even if it's the new tax year.
2) He does his books by himself too and we did not send any accountant letter. Did not really affect the outcome I guess.
3) My husband is a chess teacher/player, so we also sent in like conversations with students about when to have lessons, or email/screenshot of he playing in the tournament. So your wife maybe has some proof of discussion with clients and so on? Screenshot of your wife's facebook/ig/online platform's customer review or anything?

By the way, my husband applied for PSS as well so we also include that in my application, I don't know if that also helps with the application.

Anyway good luck!

Gstarry
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Gstarry » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:39 pm

@hortuspyrex

Thank you for your time in providing such useful information.

We have made notes of the details you highlighted and we will add them to the application. However, what does PSS stands for, so that we can look into it?

Gstarry
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Gstarry » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm

hortuspyrex wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:08 pm
My husband is also self-employed. The first time I applied for EEA RC it was refused because we do not have enough proof of my husband being a qualified person (or something like that not really sure what's the term), the second time we sent in extra proof of his self-employment and it was successful.

for your points
1) I sent in every invoice and highlight the income for the job on his bank statement even if it's the new tax year.
2) He does his books by himself too and we did not send any accountant letter. Did not really affect the outcome I guess.
3) My husband is a chess teacher/player, so we also sent in like conversations with students about when to have lessons, or email/screenshot of he playing in the tournament. So your wife maybe has some proof of discussion with clients and so on? Screenshot of your wife's facebook/ig/online platform's customer review or anything?

By the way, my husband applied for PSS as well so we also include that in my application, I don't know if that also helps with the application.

Anyway good luck!
@hortuspyrex

Thank you for your time in providing such useful information.

We have made notes of the details you highlighted and we will add them to the application. However, what does PSS stands for, so that we can look into it?