ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set LR 1 day short

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

efi12345
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set LR 1 day short

Post by efi12345 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi here is my immigration history,

Date Tier 4 entry clearance: 13/09/2009 – 01/11/2014
Date enter UK: 19/09/2009
Date Tier 4 PBS Dependant: 13/10-2014- 01/09/2016
Date Tier 2 Extension Dependant: 02/11/2016 – 21/08/2019

All my visas were in-time applications. I have one previous visa refusal because we submitted all visa application during my husband’s switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 from home country. But, we managed to make in-time applications within the UK for the switching nonetheless.

So, I am eligible on the 22/08/2019 (even after subtracting 28 days) and am going to be ONE day short. Previously I plan to apply for Set FLR (M) since my husband is going to apply for Set LR right before the visa expiry date, and vary to Set LR myself once I am eligible. However, because of the recent change where HO won’t be refunding IHS surcharge for ILR application, I am having second thought about this. It will be GBP1000 difference and that is a huge amount of money for us.

Can I apply for Set LR one day earlier? Or is that just going to result a refusal?

I really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set LR 1 day short

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 pm

Apply before visa expiry and book an appointment for a later day. No risk of refusal or paying for an extension
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

efi12345
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by efi12345 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi

Thank you zimba for the advice.

If its alright, I would like to ask something on behalf of my husband.

Now that we have filled in his ILR (LR) application, the checklists suggested that we submit documents related to me and our children such as correspondence addresses, marriage certificate, children's BRP and passport etc

Would that be necessary?

From my understanding, we only need current and previous passports, BRPs, LIUK, and degree certificate to meet English requirement (we both graduated from UK university). But my husband was worried that if we did not submit docs according to the checklist, our applications would be refused.

Your advice is highly appreciated. Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice