ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with British Passport application for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

violet1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Problem with British Passport application for child

Post by violet1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:51 am

Hi,
I wonder if anyone could offer some advice on my case. My daughter and I were granted British Citizenship in February this year and I recently applied for British passport for my daughter and I. My British passport came through without a problem but we have encountered what seems to be a real problem with my daughter's passport application. My daughter has a Brazilian passport in my ex-husbands surname and she has her naturalization certificate in my new married name which she has used for twelve years. The naturalization certificate does also state her birth name underneath the name she uses today.
We have a problem because the HPO has asked to change the name on the Brazilian passport to match the name on the Naturalization certificate. This is impossible as I would need my ex-husband written permission and I have not had any contact whatsoever with him for more than twelve years and do not know of his whereabouts. The other option suggested by HPO was to try to change the name on the British naturalization certificate, but we have been told that the Home Office will not do this.
I have written to ask if the British passport can in fact be issued in my daughter's birth name (which also appears on her naturalization certificate) and which is the same as the Brazilian passport. She is fifteen years old. We have not heard anything back from my last correspondence with regards to this although I have received lots of conflicting information on the passport phone advice line.

We have really hit a brick wall with this and I would be ever so grateful if somebody could offer some further advice? Thank you.