ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) Queries: Tier 1 Enterpreneur ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Query12345
Newly Registered

Set(O) Queries: Tier 1 Enterpreneur ILR

Post by Query12345 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi

I’m in the process of preparing my documents for ILR as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant. I have just few quick questions but I will start with the following:

I am happy to provide the CT41G document, however I have read on this forum that people are providing the CT600 as well. I’m hesitant about supplying CT600 because our business was in loss for the last financial year. I know it shouldn’t technically be an issue but just prefer not giving if I can.

So my questions are:

1) is it enough to send the CT41G to prove registration for Corporation Tax?
2) can I send a CT600 for a previous year when the business was in profit?
3) is there any alternative document that can be substituted for CT600.

Respected moderators, I know similar questions have been asked before. I can assure you that I’ve read the guidelines and the forum carefully prior to asking, but am still not sure if my situation is covered. Please, if I could get a steer on this from the gurus who have really helped me through the visa extension process?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set(O) Queries: Tier 1 Enterpreneur ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Maybe you did not search the forum properly then.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/is-this-ok ... 46976.html

Different moderators have different view. I do not like any risks with HO. I would advise to send CT41G and CT600 both. There is no requirement for the latest one though.

Profit/loss has nothing to do with successful application. Many including myself had companies in loss and were granted ILR.

If your accounts are due by the time you apply and you have the latest CT600, I would advise you to send the latest.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Query12345
Newly Registered

Post by Query12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks !

Query12345
Newly Registered

Post by Query12345 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi All,

I’m getting ready to submit my application online and having a few last minute doubts about things. I have three types of insurance for my business: Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity. I’m pretty sure that when I took out these insurances, there were some discussions with Hiscox about the nature of my business, turnover etc. on the basis of which the level of cover was based. But I don’t remember the conversation exactly, which is why I would like to ask: is there any minimum amount of cover that these should provide? Is 1 million for each sufficient for a management consultancy business, turnover around 100k per year?

I don’t want to upset the apple cart by having too low insurances....it may seem like a minor thing but I would really appreciate some feedback on this !

Thanks in advance!

Query12345
Newly Registered

Post by Query12345 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm

***** Correction : in the above post, I should have mentioned, Employers Liability insurance I have up to £5 million level of cover, not £1 million ********

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:28 pm

These documents are NOT required for ILR visa purpose.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:52 pm

It’s a legal requirement only. Providing a certificate is not a mandatory requirement.

Query12345
Newly Registered

Post by Query12345 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks guys.... yeah I’m thinking of just giving the Employers Liability insurance certificate as Tier11417 had done. I think I’m just nervous about the whole thing so overthinking a bit!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:46 am

Query12345 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm
***** Correction : in the above post, I should have mentioned, Employers Liability insurance I have up to £5 million level of cover, not £1 million ********
Mine was the same. I did send the certificate but note its not required. Many other members also got approved who did not send it. Also, note I only sent the certificate (1 page only) and NOT (the “schedule of insurance” or the “statement of facts” which is usually 4/5 pages).