ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stamp 4 to stamp 3

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan007007
Newly Registered
Ireland

stamp 4 to stamp 3

Post by khan007007 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi All,
I had stamp 4Eufam for 5 years, at moment i have temporary stamp 4 on behalf of retention application. Now i have opportunity to get work-permit. My question is that, in law can i change my temporary stamp 4 to stamp 3.
Thanks

dublin00oo
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: stamp 4 to stamp 3

Post by dublin00oo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:10 pm

How long did u applied for Retention can u please share with us some info please
i’m not sure about once u get stamp 4euFam it’s difficult to transfer to other stamp

khan007007
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by khan007007 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:38 pm

dublin00oo wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:10 pm
How long did u applied for Retention can u please share with us some info please
i’m not sure about once u get stamp 4euFam it’s difficult to transfer to other stamp
Its almost three years and still waiting for final result, it is nightmare to get accept retention application, my solicitor is not sure aswell for positive response due immigration treatment towards retention application, almost al got refused. I tired from this sh**t, that's i need to change my immigration status.

vipers
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by vipers » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 am

hy khan! i believe in you absolutely right way they treating us its devastating i am in the same situation i applied in last year in feb and didnt get any reply from them still waiting could i ask you when you got divorced is your wife was in the state that time & how long did she work in Ireland ?did you got divorced from her country or in ireland ,did you appliy for citizenship or not yet
thanks very much

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

khan007007 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 pm
Hi All,
I had stamp 4Eufam for 5 years, at moment i have temporary stamp 4 on behalf of retention application. Now i have opportunity to get work-permit. My question is that, in law can i change my temporary stamp 4 to stamp 3.
Thanks
Hi,

I am not 100% sure but you might be able to put in a section 4 application (change of status) while you still have a valid stamp. Although they will confirm your current status with the EUTR section and may say you have to wait for the outcome of current application.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:43 am

I am in same situation.. I try to do this last year when I got divorce from my wife.. went to 3 to 4 different solicitors to know that instead of retention can i apply for critical skill work permit OR not.. one solicitor gve me false hope that finalize your divorce and we will apply for work permit and when I done my divorce then she refused and said no department is not giving work permit to Stamp4 person.. so then I applied for retention of rights last year September and now I'm waiting..

its simple to understand you can't change from stamp4 to work permit.. reason once you got Stamp4EUFAM you came under EU Treaty Law... and Irish law can't over write EU treaty law.. you need to come out of EU treaty law completely and then try work permit..