ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minwa
Andorra

Re: PR after divorce

Post by Minwa » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:32 am
They sent everything back but best of luck in chasing them as it’s a night mare
Hi faizanhakim,
I hope you are doing great !
Did they send you your application back with the PR approved or you withdraw your application ?
As i met a solicitor yesterday asking for legal advice about calling the PR department to ask for the passport back because I was told by the eu settlement scheme to do so as you just did , he suggested not to do it as the pR department department MIGHT( he’s was not sure ) return my application back as dismissed with no PR approved as it didn’t reach 6 months
And I will have to apply once again if I want to .
Please kindly update us .
Best of luck everyone waiting .

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi Minwa

No not really when you go to website there is a option which says would you like to withdraw your application just make sure you don’t tick that as asking to return your document is normal procedure which most of the applicants do and sometimes it even processes PR application quicker.

And QUR no I still haven’t received PR.

Kind Regards
Faizan

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm
Hi Minwa

No not really when you go to website there is a option which says would you like to withdraw your application just make sure you don’t tick that as asking to return your document is normal procedure which most of the applicants do and sometimes it even processes PR application quicker.

And QUR no I still haven’t received PR.

Kind Regards
Faizan
Hi Faizan,
So you literally requested your ID on the website , as I thought you called them over the phone that’s why I was wondering .
And I thought they only send Passport or ID back not all the supporting documents though !
I really would like to know what you exactly did as I wanna do the same thing .
Good news you didn’t withdraw your application .
I would say you’ll receive your PR card very soon coz they returned all your documents as I was scared they might have lost our applications somewhere .
Please kindly update how you exactly contacted them.
It’s kind of a relief when we update each other .
Best wishes .

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi minwa as requested everything I submitted

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 pm
Hi minwa as requested everything I submitted
Hi Faizan,
Ah ok thank you!
You will be issued settled status as this route focus on the main applicant if you really could prove you’ve been livening continuously in the UK.
Best of luck

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Lets hope for best

It did tell me that I qualify for settled status when I put the ni number. I just hope they give decision in few days now as this wait since 1 year and 4 months has been crazy. What is your update

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:08 pm
Lets hope for best

It did tell me that I qualify for settled status when I put the ni number. I just hope they give decision in few days now as this wait since 1 year and 4 months has been crazy. What is your update
Hi Faizan,
Let’s keep the fingers crossed , yeah this new scheme is very friendly , I have a friend who has the same situation like us , he’s been issued the settled status after contacting him to provide some evidence , your case is straight forward as the automated service said you are eligible for settled status .
IAM still waiting as it’s been 5 months and few days now but I think I am gonna do the same thing you did by requesting the documents. I will let you updated .
Wow! 1 year and 4 months ? Why is that ?
Regards .

shahg123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahg123 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 am

hi guys any update with anyone?
really worried now my 1 friend apply after few days when i apply he got his pr card yesterday . dont know why they taking long on ours? i did request to send document back now see if they send my brp as well with passport.i mention there that settle scheme want to see id documents .

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:49 pm

shahg123 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 am
hi guys any update with anyone?
really worried now my 1 friend apply after few days when i apply he got his pr card yesterday . dont know why they taking long on ours? i did request to send document back now see if they send my brp as well with passport.i mention there that settle scheme want to see id documents .
Hi shahg123,
Still waiting and no answer yet , I’m pretty sure it’s a caseworker issue for some reason ,
DID You submit all the documents required ?
And how long have you been waiting for so far ?
Minwa.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:08 pm
Lets hope for best

Hi faizan,
Any news yet?
Please update us .

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi

No they just literally sent me my documents back and no decision or BRP.

There is no news yet and I keep calling them every second day and they sound very helpful but just doesn’t seem to get anywhere.

FRUSTRATED

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:24 pm
Hi

There is no news yet and I keep calling them every second day and they sound very helpful but just doesn’t seem to get anywhere.

FRUSTRATED
Faizanhakim wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:24 pm
Hi

FRUSTRATED
Hi ,
For sure it’s not gonna take them few days , as they will proceed with their check , the settlement scheme is different department from PR .
You will count the days when they will send you your COA , as my friend gone through the same thing and in the end he’s got his BRP .
Not to worry you hear good news soon.

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 pm

How many days it took him for the answer after COA. As I thought normally it comes same day as COA

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 pm
How many days it took him for the answer after COA. As I thought normally it comes same day as COA
It took like 10 days or 2 weeks after submitting biometrics , when did you submit your biometrics?

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm

I did my biometrics in 9th June but sent my passport last Tuesday. But never received any COA

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:55 pm
I did my biometrics in 9th June but sent my passport last Tuesday. But never received any COA
Count from Tuesday on , as your application was checked since the day they checked your ID .

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi minwa any update on your application

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Hi minwa any update on your application
Hi Faizan,
Still nothing yet , it’s getting mad , how about you any news ?

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:26 pm

Same here man same here

Just frustrating

How settlement process is going for you

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:26 pm
Same here man same here

Just frustrating

I see , as I told you before I’m still waiting for the decision from PR department as the settlement scheme recommended , I haven’t requested my ID , not much to wait and see .
Try to call them they will give you updates on your application , don’t hesitate to call them every time like my friend did untill they sorted him out

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Minwa wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 pm
Faizanhakim wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:26 pm
Same here man same here

Just frustrating

I see , as I told you before I’m still waiting for the decision from PR department as the settlement scheme recommended , I haven’t requested my ID , not much to wait and see .
Try to call them they will give you updates on your application , don’t hesitate to call them every time like my friend did untill they sorted him out
Hi , last time you said we’ve been waiting for a year and 4 months , may I know why ? Please

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi Minwa

I applied for PR in March 2018
Got rejected saying I didn’t give them eu sponsor passport. Which lawyer put to upper tribunal and said I should have attempted to contact atleast which they did hearing in December. Applied again with expired passport as my embassy said can’t renew passport without valid visa. Got refused for not having valid passport they didn’t even process application. Again applied PR in Feb with photocopy of her passport and also attempt to contact but since then you know the story.

shahg123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahg123 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 pm

hi guys
here is update .
i request document return from pr department for settle scheme .date 9/7/19
received documents back yesterday with PR approved now waiting for card hopefully in next 10 working days.
i am really happy today .best of luck for all .hopefully you will get good news as well.
as i applied for settle status as well they said now i dont need to send any document they already got from PR department and they send coa as well for settle status .i know i dont need that now but still i will wait for that as well,

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 am

Congratulations shahg very happy for you as your wait is finally over.

Minwa any update from your side as mine I still havnt even received COA yet.

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:01 pm

Finally received COA today after wait if almost 3 weeks and making complaint today

What are chances of receiving answer soon