ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility and queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roubina
Newly Registered
Canada

ILR Eligibility and queries

Post by roubina » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi
I am a canadian citizen who's now hoping to apply for their Indefinite Leave to Remain.
My circumstances are as follows:

Entry to UK 24/7/14 on a spouse visa
FLR(M) granted on 22/05/17 expires on 30/11/19
When I applied for FLR I was told I was on the 5 year route.
- does this include the time I was here on the original spouse visa ? (making it 5 years total on the 24/7/19)
- just to double check is it the set (m) I will be applying for?
- how long does the process take from the initial application submission
- are my documents (including passports and BRP card) sent off by post, or can they be scans be submitted
- if my current FLR visa expires while waiting on the ILR result, what happens?

Is it wise to have legal help in applying for this?
I have applied for the previous two visas without legal help, however the ILR seems a bit more daunting and the price definitely too high to gamble with.

many thanks in advance
R

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Eligibility and queries

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:34 pm

- does this include the time I was here on the original spouse visa ? (making it 5 years total on the 24/7/19)
Yes
- just to double check is it the set (m) I will be applying for?
Yes
Apply here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m
- how long does the process take from the initial application submission
Depending on a service you choose. It can be 24 hours with super priority
- are my documents (including passports and BRP card) sent off by post, or can they be scans be submitted
You must attend an appointment at a UKVCAS center and all your docs are only scanned (you can even upload the scans of them yourself before attending)
- if my current FLR visa expires while waiting on the ILR result, what happens?
Nothing. You will be protected and your visa automatically extends under section 3C of the immigration act until a decision is made

It is very straightforward and often there is no need for legal help
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

roubina
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by roubina » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 am

Thank you for your thorough response.

I have been through the application and was wondering how much bearing my OWN income has on the decision.
My (employed) spouse's earnings are well above the 18600 and have been for years. I, on the other hand have recently (last year) become self employed, my last year's self assessment reflecting sub-par earnings as i'm just starting out.
Can I base the entire application on my spouses earnings and not even mention mine (as its ridiculously low anyway)? or do I have to mention myself regardless.
It seems like a lot of supporting documents have to be presented for a sum that doesn't even help my cause.

many thanks in advanced again
R

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:24 pm

You should support your application either with your own earnings or your spouse's earnings
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice