ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application - Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanzlovz
India

Naturalisation Referees question

Post by sanzlovz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm in process of completing the online for my naturalisation application.

I'm stuck at the referee question. Can anyone please confirm if the referee can be a friend or they need to be in certain profession in order to be referee. I have seen mixed information on the internet but on the online form it doesn't state anything on the profession of the referee (see below). Any advice will be much appreciated.

Referees must:

not be a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant
not be related to the other referee
not be employed by the Home Office
know or have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years
they are willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant
advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be registered
Referees must also not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence. A single non-custodial sentence may be disregarded if:

it did not occur within the last 12 months
there is strong evidence showing that the referee is of good character
Give your first referee's details. This referee must be the holder of a British Citizen passport (and either a professional person or over the age of 25)

Thanks
sanzlovz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Referees question

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:29 pm

You need TWO referees. Once must be over 25 and British. The other MUST be a professional per HOs list (page 24 in link below) and can be of any nationality. Both must have known you for at least 3 years.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanzlovz
India

Parent's Info - Naturalisation

Post by sanzlovz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi,

I recently submitted the online form for naturalization and I have my appointment on 6th.

there was bit where I had to provide my parent's details and I only knew their names but no their DOB or where they were born. so as there was a choice that I could chose that i don't their details I ticked that but ofcourse its partially correct as I do know my parents names.

Now I'm panicking if I did the right thing and would this impact my application. Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parent's Info - Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:26 pm

sanzlovz wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:19 pm
Hi,

I recently submitted the online form for naturalization and I have my appointment on 6th.

there was bit where I had to provide my parent's details and I only knew their names but no their DOB or where they were born. so as there was a choice that I could chose that i don't their details I ticked that but ofcourse its partially correct as I do know my parents names.

Now I'm panicking if I did the right thing and would this impact my application. Please advise.
It won't impact your application. You could write a BRIEF covering letter and just explain you only know their names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanzlovz
India

Re: Parent's Info - Naturalisation

Post by sanzlovz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:26 pm
sanzlovz wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:19 pm
Hi,

It won't impact your application. You could write a BRIEF covering letter and just explain you only know their names.
Thanks CR001. Appreciate your prompt response :)

sanzlovz
India

Online Application - Documents

Post by sanzlovz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,

I have my appointment with UKVCAS on 6th September. I have following questions about my documents as I could not be sure with the wording provided.

1. Proof of living in the UK - What sort of documents I can provide? How long for? and how many in total?

2. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - Would this be my BRP again as BRP has been asked separately.

3. Two referee declarations form - Do I need put my photos on the form or the referees?

4. Evidence of identity - Would it by my passport gain as passport has been asked separately.

I'd really appreciate some clarity on this. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application - Documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Please keep all your questions on the same application in one thread (this one, now merged)!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application - Documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:54 pm

1. Passports covering the qualifying period.

2. Brp card.

3. Your photos.

4. Passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)